Admission to the MEM program as a regular graduate student requires the demonstration of high potential for success based on the following:
- Submission of the Online Application for Graduate Admission
- Official transcripts of all college work*,**
- A minimum of one Letter of Recommendation (employers and professors are preferred);
- Statement of Purpose (Optional, 1 page)
* Applicants must have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited U.S. institution –or– a non-U.S. degree equivalent to a four-year U.S. baccalaureate degree from a college or university of government recognized standing.
** A Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, technology, science, computer science mathematics (or technical related field) (minimum GPA of 3.0);
Applicants who do not meet all conditions for regular admissions may be admitted on a provisional basis as determined by the Graduate Admissions Committee of the College of Engineering. The applicant will be evaluated for official graduate student status upon completion of six semester hours of graduate course work, achieving a minimum grade of 3.0 in each course, at the University.
Students with provisional admission status may be required to take additional pre-courses to meet the program admission requirements.
MEM COURSE TRANSFER POLICY
For applicants transferring from other graduate programs to the Master of Engineering Management, no more than nine graduate semester credit hours may be transferred from an accredited MEM program. Any exceptions to this policy must be approved by the Graduate Admissions Committee. A minimum grade of 3.0 must have been achieved in all transfer courses. Credit for courses taken in a graduate program will be reviewed to determine whether they may be substituted within the Master of Engineering Management program at Lawrence Tech. A request for transfer courses to be considered must be made in writing at the time of application and must be accompanied by transcripts, course descriptions, and syllabi for each proposed transfer course.
Best Online Master's in Engineering Programs
Best Engineering Graduate