Lawrence Tech’s undergraduate program is the first one of its kind in the state and the second in the nation. It is a truly unique and interdisciplinary degrees, and offers you a progressive curriculum that blends mechanical and electrical engineering, robotics, and computer science. You’ll have access to a dedicated robotics lab fitted with a test area, build benches, and robotics kits. And whether you are in or out of the classroom, you will be afforded many opportunities to gain practical, real-world experiences. In addition to your required products, you will be encouraged to participate in competitions that put Lawrence Tech teams on a global stage, up against some of the best robotics developers in the world.
- LTU’s Robofest VCC (Vision Centric Challenge), a competition that promotes research on computer vision and autonomous mobile robots
- The Intelligent Ground Vehicle Competition (IGVC), a hands-on experience at the leading edge of engineering education that encompasses the latest technologies impacting industrial development
- A 1300-square foot Robotics Engineering Lab with electronic equipment, basic components, work space, space to test autonomous platforms, light fabrications facilities, and 3-D printing
- The opportunity to mentor robotics teams from local middle and high schools
- On-campus research and development jobs in robotics labs where you can gain even more professional experience, putting you one step closer to a rewarding career in the field
Manufacturing Solution Consultant, Siemens PLM
I chose Lawrence Tech because it is one of the few schools that has a program specifically for robotics and I learned to use the software that is used in the field. I also enjoyed the extracurricular activities. I acted, designed and built sets for the theater group.”