Training and Education
For technicians and practicing professionals, the Lawrence Tech Transportation Institute offers professional development courses and certificate courses highly valued in the transportation infrastructure industry.
Professional development courses
LTU’s professional development courses are offered in the evenings and weekends for those who have fulltime jobs and are taught by faculty members and industry professionals who have experience in the field as well as outstanding academic credentials.
- Flexible pavement design
- Introduction to Asphalt Technology
- Introduction to mechanistic pavement design
- Roadway and parking lot pavement assessment
- Airfield pavement assessment
- Pavement management using GIS
- Bases and subbases for flexible and rigid pavements
- Soil stabilization for transportation applications
- Highway Geometric Design using Microstation/Geopak
- Rigid pavement design
- ArcGIS for transportation engineering
- Concrete mix design
- Public works construction inspection skills
Certification courses include i nstruction, hands-on training in LTU’s state-of-the-art Transportation Materials Lab and testing.
- Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) density certification
- MDOT aggregate inspection Level 1 certification
- MDOT aggregate inspection Level 2 certification
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) concrete certifications for LTU students