Lawrence Tech Transportation Institute
As the mammoth job of replacing and upgrading the country’s long neglected transportation infrastruture begins, the Lawrence Tech Transportation Institute can provide construction companies and governments with:
- Valuable training and required certification for their workers
- Cutting edge practical and sustainable solutions for long term performance of transportation infrastructure
- Policies for sustainable use of construction materials for transportation infrastructure projects
Our LTU faculty and students, who are accustomed to working with the federal government, the State of Michigan, local governments and corporations, stand ready to join your team. They have experience working seamlessly across engineering disciplines to find cost-effective and resource-efficient ways to build and better maintain the nation’s transportation infrastructure.
Intermodal Advisory Board
- Dr. Nabil Grace, Dean College of Engineering, Lawrence Technological University
- Dr. Liping Liu, Associate Dean of Graduate Studies and Research, Lawrence Technological University
- Dr. Elin Jensen , Chair, Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering, Lawrence Technological University
- Mr. Oladayo Akinyemi, Deputy Director, Department of Public Work at City of Detroit
- Ms. Carol Aldrich, Engineer of Research, Michigan Department of Transportation
- Mr. Tim Colling, Director, Michigan Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP)
- Mr. Daniel DeGraaf, Michigan Concrete Association, Executive Director/CEO
- Mr. Chuck Gemayel, COO and Senior Vice President, Soil and Materials Engineers
- Mr. Mark Grazioli, Associate Region Engineer-Construction, Michigan Department of Transportation
- Mr. Dave Langlois, Project Manager, HNTB Corporation
- Mr. Bret Stanton, P.E., Asphalt Pavement Association of Michigan, Executive Director
Meet the Director
Nishantha Bandara specializes in pavement design, management, and sustainable use of materials. He oversees the university’s industry certification workshops for practicing engineers and technicians. He serves on committees of the Transportation Research Board, the American Society of Civil Engineers and the American Society for Testing and Materials.
To learn more about how you can work with the Lawrence Tech Transportation Institute contact Director Nishantha Bandara at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248.204.2602.
Nishantha Bandara, Ph.D., P.E.
Director of Transportation Insititute