This Student travel Support Award is provided by the US National Science Foundation (NSF) to attend the Fourth North American International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management organized by the IEOM Society International to be held at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport during October 23-25, 2019.
The award will pay for a student registration, shared lodging and part of travel expenses. Preference will be given to students from historically underrepresented communities. Students would be presenting a paper or poster. Paper or abstract must be accepted by the conference committee.
Student Selection Process and Criteria
- Must be a full-time student at a U.S. college or university.
- Graduate, undergraduate and community college students are eligible to apply for the student travel award.
- Attend the entire conference
- Attend some Industry 4.0 sessions along with keynote sessions, technical sessions and a dedicated industry panel session.
- A tentative itinerary will be prepared with which sessions should be attended.
- Preference will be given to students from historically underrepresented communities including African American, Native American and Hispanic.
- Students are presenting paper or poster.
- A statement from student about his or her career plan
- A student’s research advisor or chair must endorse the application.
This award supports conference registration, lodging and a portion of the travel expenses. Total award amount would be up to $800.
It is expected participants to stay at the conference hotel (Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport) for convenience of attending various sessions and networking.
All applications must be submitted by 12 PM EST September 20, 2019