From the challenges of aging infrastructures to the need for green technologies, you will be part of the search for solutions while improving your opportunities for career advancement.
As a graduate student, you will be equipped with industry-standard software and be encouraged to participate in cutting-edge, applied research in LTU's seven state-of-the-art facilities, including:
- Center for Innovative Materials Research (CIMR): A national resource for the development of innovative materials for infrastructure applications.
- Structural Testing Center (STC): A research and academic laboratory equipped with uniaxial tension machines, fire testing equipment, hydraulic actuators and loading frames and used for testing of various structural elements.
You can depend on the program’s team of professionals to help you plan your career and support your vision. You can choose from six concentrations:
- Environmental Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
For all concentrations except construction, the MSCE program offers three options to a degree:
- Thesis (6 credits) plus 24 credit hours of electives
- Project (3 credits) plus 27 credit hours of electives
- Coursework only, 33 credit hours of electives
Most courses are available in the evenings, and one can complete the degree in as few as three semesters.
Meet the Faculty
Dr. Keith Kowalkowski
Assistant Department Chair, Director of Civil Engineering Graduate Programs
Keith Kowalkowski is the academic advisor for all students in the program and teaches structural engineering courses in steel, dynamics, masonry and concrete. He is always looking for dedicated graduate students to join his research in steel design, composite materials and fire testing.
Our experience with Lawrence Tech grads has been excellent. They are extremely well prepared, energetic, and professional – really top notch.
Vice president, Hubbell, Roth & Clark, Inc.
We have been uniformly thrilled with our LTU grads. Each has come prepared to work from day one, with solid technical skills and a sound academic foundation. Pragmatic, industrious, inquisitive, and confident are words that describe each of our LTU alums. Along with a few Big Ten schools, LTU is on our short list when we’re looking for new talent to grow our firm.
Vice president of engineering, Ruby and Associates