Saving to Zoom Cloud
LTU is charged for excessive storage, but there may still be a way to maximize the value of the
Zoom Cloud and use “save to” Zoom Cloud as a "temporary landing” option!
Set Zoom Recording Options to Cloud Recording
- The recording ‘saving’ process takes less time and
- Don't have to be concerned about turning off computer
- No waiting for conversion to download
- Get an email when ready (no wondering) - example of email:
Hi .. Your cloud recording is now available.
Topic: Training Site
Date: 2020 07:38 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
For host only, click here to view your recording detail (viewers cannot access this page): https://ltu.zoom.us/recording/detail?meeting_id=U%2BH3vELbStSOBRknyTjAdw%3D%3D
- No need to "find" where the file was stored - located in Zoom “Cloud Recordings”
- Click inside the recording icon to open and play. Click Download at top right in browser window.
- Once downloaded, rename the default name ‘GMT2020xx.mp4’ to a specific name; class 3078 session April 18
- Upload to shared Google Drive folder, Kaltura My Media, or YouTube
- Use the shared link in your Canvas course
The IMPORTANT Step!
DELETE the recording from Cloud storage.