eHelp Zoom - Document Viewer
Use Your Cell Phone as a Document Camera in Zoom
- What you will need to have and do
- Download the mobile Zoom app (either App Store or Google Play)
- Have your phone plugged in
- Set up video stand phone holder
Log in and start your Zoom session with participants
- Start the Zoom session on your phone app (suggest setting your phone to “Do not disturb” since your phone screen will be seen in Zoom)
- Type in the Meeting ID and Join
- Do not use phone audio option to avoid feedback
- Select “share content” and “screen” to share your cell phone’s screen in your Zoom session
- Select “start broadcast” from Zoom app. The home screen of your cell phone is now being shared with your participants.
To use your cell phone as a makeshift document camera
- Open (swipe to switch apps) and select the camera app on your phone
- Start in photo mode and aim the camera at whatever materials you would like to share
- This is where you will have to position what you want to share to get the best view – but you will see ‘how you are doing’ in the main Zoom session.