eLearning Services Media Production team provides media production support for the creation of digital video, audio, and graphics projects. Our team is composed primarily of students enrolled in the Media Communications degree program here at Lawrence Tech. While we are not a professional video production company, our goal is to provide the highest quality product possible with exceptional customer service.
Please contact Scott Lehman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248.204.2488
Got an idea but you're not sure how to proceed? We can help all the way from pre-production through your finished piece.
- Provides support for recording and editing video of academic events
- Provides support for streaming video
- Converts video and audio to alternative media formats
- Supports development of interactive simulations and games
- Supports development of interactive presentations, including PowerPoint, Captivate, and other programs
- Creates graphics for use within course material
Terms & Conditions
In order to provide excellent quality of service to all Lawrence Tech faculty, staff, and students, the following rules have been established for eLearning's video production services. Exceptions to these conditions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Requests for video production, video editing, transcoding video formats, and audio support must be made using the eLearning Media Services Video Request Form. Once the request is received, a confirmation email will be issued to the requestor—typically within 48 hours. Requests are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis and are subject to staff availability.
- Certain locations on campus have audio and lighting limitations including but not limited to: low lighting conditions, inability to utilize a room audio system feed, and mechanical noise interference. Some of the more common limitations are listed below.
- A200 - Spotlights are fixed and cannot be moved. Auditorium sound system can be used via cables on the podium at the front of the room.
- S100 - Stage lighting is the sole responsibility of the requestor and is managed by Media Services (email@example.com). Auditorium sound system is also managed by Media Services.
- Raw footage filmed by eLearning Services shall remain the property of Lawrence Technological University. All footage filmed by eLearning Services will be edited by eLearning Services unless an agreement is made prior to the event. Student videographers and editors work with requestors to ensure a quality final product is produced.
- Final edited video will be delivered via YouTube (public or unlisted, as specified by requestor) or via Google Drive. Completed video files may also be delivered on a data disc (DVD), however this format will not be playable in a standard DVD player.
- Projects with specific deadlines will be met as closely as possible. Certain factors may extend deadlines beyond control, including delayed response to editor questions and heavy workloads. Media Services will make an effort to inform the requestor of deadline extensions.