Using the the tabs below, please choose the operating system on which you are installing the printer.
If you unable to install a printer, you may not have administrator rights on your system. Please contact the Help Desk, C203 Taubman Student Services Center for assistance.
- Navigate to the Windows 10 search bar. This is located on the left side of the taskbar.
- Type \\print and press Enter. To print to ACRC printers, please type \\acrcprint
If you know the name of the printer you want to install, you can enter it directly into the command box: For example, to install printer C203, enter the command \\print\c203 and click ‘OK.’
- If you are prompted to sign in, please enter "campus\" before your username.
- Icons will display for all network printers on the print server. Find the printer you want to install and double click on the printer icon. During this process, the printer driver is being installed on your system. When the printer window opens, the printer is installed and ready to use.
- Click on the System Preferences.
- Click on Print & Fax.
- Click on the Plus Sign “+”
- Right Click (Control + Shift + Mouse Click) on the menu bar and choose Customize Toolbar…
- Drag the Advanced icon onto the toolbar then select the Advanced icon from the toolbar.
- From the Type: drop down, select "Windows print via spoolss".
- In the URL box, type: smb://print.campus.ltu.edu/[printer name]
To print to ACRC printers, type smb://acrcprint.campus.ltu.edu/[printer name]
- In the Name box, type [printer name].
- From the Print Using drop down, click "Generic PCL printer".
- Check the box that says "Duplexer"
New Print Management Software
LTU's print management software is being transitioned to Papercut. Black and white print release has not changed. Color printing has changed to utilize Papercut and PayPal for releasing jobs.
Black and white public printer release stations have been upgraded to the new release portal. Users just need to click the Quick Release button on the client to release.
Please click here for the New Public Print Release Station Instructions.
The printLab color printers and plotters are now also managed by Papercut. All color and plot jobs can only be released by printLab staff. Printing in color requires users to pay via PayPal.
Please click here for the New Color Print Job Payment Instructions.
The CoAD_North_B&W and CoAD_North_Color print queues are handled by a single release station. Black and white jobs can be released the same as any other public printer on campus. Color jobs will require Papercut credit, and to release these jobs, users will have to log into the release station using their normal network credentials. Card swipe is not available at this location. Credit on Papercut account is the only way to release jobs at this location.
Students, Faculty, and Staff may print to various network printers on campus. If connected wirelessly you must be connected to the LTU Network (not LTU Guest) to access any LTU printers with the exception of Hot Spot printers.
Printers are named to match their building and room locations. For example, printer S110 is located in room 110 of the Science building. See the table and installation instructions below for public printers.
Public Printer Access
The following printers are available to all Lawrence Tech faculty, staff, and students, and may be installed without special permissions:
|E152||Engineering Fire Place Lounge|
|S202||Arts & Science Lounge|
|J347||Taubman Complex 3rd Floor|
|C201||Academic Achievement Center|
*ONLY printLab - print server: \\acrcprint
- To save paper and cut costs, print jobs sent to Help Desk, Library, Donley Hall, and South Housing printers will not print until they are released. If you print to the printLab, APTN1, APTE1, APTL1 or APTS1 printers, please ask the attendant to release your print job.
- To install a printer on a non-LTU laptop (a personally owned laptop) you need to authenticate using your campus\network username and password before the printer can be installed. When prompted for a username and password, enter “campus\[campus\network username]” in the User Name: box and your campus\network password in the Password box.
- Access to non-public network printers can be requested for a user by the appropriate personnel in each department and granted by IT Services.
Having difficulty installing a printer?Note: You can only install a printer if you have permission to use it.
- If you still cannot install a printer, you may not have administrator rights on your system. Please visit the Help Desk, C203.