Using Google+ Hangouts
Setting up a Google Hangout from your LTU calendar
Make sure that you are using Chrome browser!
- Go to your LTU calendar
- Select the day/date/time for Google Hangout
- Select More Options
Add information; e.g., Name of the session, time from/to
- Under Event Details click down arrow at Add conferencing
- Select Hangouts Meet. You can select "View Details" to copy the Hangouts link and available phone# for call-in access if needed
- Click Done
- On the Calendar event
- Click Guests
- Select attendees (from your Contact list) or type in email address (if not listed or outside of LTU)
- Optional: Add description
- Make sure to SAVE
Need to record your Hangout Session? Use Google Meet (YouTube). See instructions below
Take a few minutes and view the video that will take you through the steps to get the most out of your Google Hangout session!!
Live Meet/ Recording (nee: Google Hangouts, YouTube Live, Meet)
When using Google Live Events you must use CHROME browser! Google YouTube Live ("Hangouts on Air" has now become YouTube Live. You can still record your live event while showing at the same time. The steps may be different but results will be the same. Getting started with the "new" hangout is really as easy as "A, B, C" as listed below.
- Go to https://www.youtube.com/my_live_events. Log in to YouTube (or you can access from your LTU email account).
- Select Schedule a New Event
- The Events screen will open to the Basic tab, where you will type in session name and time (start Hangout Now or schedule for future date/time)
- Set for Unlisted (default is Public)
- Use Quick (Hangouts on Air (default)
- Click Advanced settings tab, scroll to Recording and select "Automatically make Archive unlisted" option.
- Scroll down and now click "Go Live Now"
- In the Hangout, invite or get shareable link. Click Start Broadcast, recording starts. When completed, select Stop Broadcast. Close the session and the recording resides in Video Manager