eHelp Google - Calendar Appointment Schedule
Google introduced Google Appointment Schedules that will eventually replace Google Appointments. Appointment schedules are available using your LTU email / calendar. With appointment schedules, you can:
- Create and share booking pages
- Block off time so people can book appointments with you
- View your booked appointments in Google Calendar
How appointment schedules & appointment slots differ?
New appointment schedules offer the following improvements over appointment slots:
- A professional booking page for the different types of appointments you offer.
- Anyone with an email address can book an appointment. Automatically updates to avoid conflicts with other events on your calendar.
- Automatic booking confirmation, reminder, and update emails for both you and the invitee.
- Customize meeting: In person, on the phone, over Google Meet, or ‘None and set manually’ after creation.
- Limit the max number of appointments per day. Automatically add custom buffer time in between appointments.
- Collect extra information from people who book appointments through the appointment booking form; e.g., phone number, course number, etc.
Create Appointment Schedule
Open Google Calendar, Go to Settings, General
Scroll down at the General tab Appointment schedules and place checkmark in box.
In calendar, select date(s) to set up appointments.
Example: Need a block of time (30 min) on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 till 12:00 am; break for lunch from 12:00 to 1:30 pm then continue appointments from 1:30 to 4:30 pm.
Select Tuesday, drag from 9:00 to 4:30 to open meeting options. Add appointment name and click Appointment schedule and click Continue since default is selected to Create a new appointment -
- Appointment duration: Can select from 15 min to 2 hours or Custom duration length.
Click down arrow, to select.
- General availability: Click + to add blocks of time and days to the appointment.
Tuesday, 9:00 -12:00 selected. Click + to add block of time from 1:30 – 4:30, to add additional days, click + to the right of the next day, now have the option to copy the original times to that day by clicking the copy time icon
- Scheduling window: Pick when appointments are viewable in advance and selectable.
- Adjusted availability: Change dates available
- Booked appointment settings: Maximum bookings per day / Buffer time (add time between appts) / Color. Click Next
- Booking page photo/name: How identity displayed. Google creates a unique ‘web page’ specific to you and your appointments
- Choose Location: Google Meet, In Person, Phone Call or None. Adding a Zoom meeting is as easy as putting the Zoom link the in the description.
- Description: Add additional notes and/or copy the Zoom link.
- Booking form: Customize form – required data that must be included, e.g., users must add name, first & last, and email address. To add additional items (e.g., telephone number, course name, number).
- Confirmations / Reminders -- Save
Once saved, select “Open booking page”. Select Share to copy link to be added to email. This is what you share out to others and what it looks like to others.
- “See all your appointment schedules” show you all who have signed up for appointments.
- Appointments can also be made using mobile devices.
- YouTube Link (more info): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lWnHFGhTd4&t=28s
- Features not available yet: Add additional team members, delegate calendar support, or conference room booking