eHelp Google Assignment
Canvas integrates our Google apps nicely. Why not take advantage of this and use Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets to create Canvas assignments!!!
- You will need to create the assignment "template" in Google first before making it an assignment in Canvas.
- To help with keeping your files organized it is best to create a Google Drive folder for the course.
With the folder created you create the assignment using Google Docs, Google Sheets, of Google Slides.
- To create this from Google Drive you can either click +New, in the top left, or click on the 9 circles in a square, in the top right.
In the course navigation select Assignment
Click on the +Assignment box at the top-right hand corner to open in Edit Mode
- Start creating the assignment when you reach Submission Type choose from the drop down External Tool
- Click Find to the right of link input box
- Select Google Docs Cloud Assignment
- Locate the folder/file document to be used, highlight and
- click Submit
- Select to return to assignment
Save or Save and Publish