ehelp Course Development
LTU online courses are rigorously designed and delivered by academically qualified faculty members with industry experience to deliver an outstanding educational experience to our students. Expectations for LTU online faculty members are explicitly included in the LTU Online Teaching Contract and are considered for continuing employment as an LTU online faculty member.
All LTU online courses follow LTU's academic calendar, with Fall and Spring semesters 13 to 15 weeks in length, and are delivered 100% online. Courses are delivered asynchronously using Canvas Learning Management System.
For more support and information:
What is Course Development?
eLearning offers course development consulting, workshops, and other services. Course Development is a campus-wide initiative for developing and/or enhancing online, hybrid, or face-to-face courses and may also be applied to refreshing current courses. The emphasis is on quality course design, effective use of teaching and learning strategies and technologies, faculty support and enrichment, and student support and learning engagement. In addition, eLearning services and course developers consult faculty and answer faculty and student course-specific questions when these questions are escalated from the Help Desk.
Teams of faculty, industry experts, and instructional designers use a course development methodology to design reusable learning content for inclusion in LTU online Canvas courses. A Course Development Template is available for faculty for the purpose of organizing and planning their course. To support student engagement and faculty presence, it is suggested that faculty develop recommended Learning and Teaching Schedules specific to their course.
Course Development Services:
consultations and workshops (for all modalities)
- Quality instructional design
- Efficient and effective use of teaching strategies and technology tools
- Integration of new media and digital resources
Online and Hybrid Learning:
- Design and development of online and hybrid programs and courses
- Coordination with the Academic Achievement Center, the Library, Advising, the Help Desk, and other departments to enhance online and hybrid student support services
Support and Enrichment:
- Workshops and webinars about best practices in teaching methodologies
- Teaching and Learning with Technology Award
- Scholarship of teaching and learning assistance
- Grant searching and collaboration assistance