You can weight assignment totals based on Assignment Groups. Assignment groups allow you to set a percentage to groups of assignments (not the assignments themselves) in that category. The assignment group percentage is calculated by dividing the total points a student has earned by the total points possible for all assignments in that group.
From course navigation, select Assignments link
- Click on the 3 dots new to +Assignment
- Select Assignment Groups Weight
- Click “Weight final grade based on assignment groups”
Once the option is turned on you can begin creating assignment groups, if you have not done so already.
Adding the Weighting % to each
- Select the 3 dots at the top of the Assignment page and select Assignment Group Weight to open
- Place a check in “Weight final grade based on assignment groups” to expand the individual groups you created.
- Type in the percentage amount you want to assign. As you move to the next category Canvas will total the % (make sure this add to 100%).
- When done, click Save