Use of Design Tools (CidiLabs) to add Syllabus Template
To load and edit the Syllabus Template (specific to college) in Canvas
- Log into course and select Syllabus from either the course navigation area or the Syllabus tab on the Home Page
- On the Course Syllabus page, select Edit
- In edit mode, select Design Tools (Rocket) and select Create/Edit Syllabus Content
- Scroll down and click on Copy Existing Content to expand and select Institution Template Pages
- Click to highlight and select appropriate college syllabus template
- The template is now displayed and is in edit mode to be updated. When finished editing click Update Syllabus
- Syllabus template now loaded to the course
Want to upload your locally saved syllabus?
Add a locally saved syllabus by uploading the file into Canvas
- From Canvas course, go to Syllabus (either click on Syllabus tab link on the Home Page or click on Syllabus menu on the course navigation menu
- Select Edit on the Course Syllabus page (top right hand corner)
- Click inside the text editor to position the cursor, type a placeholder e.g., "Course Syllabus" and highlight.
- Select the Files tab (on right hand side) and choose +Upload a new file (if you have not already uploaded the syllabus to Canvas).
- Browse and select your syllabus file and click Upload. The document will be saved in your Canvas course and the link will be updated in the text editor.
- Select Update Syllabus to save!