You can create item banks in New Quizzes. Item banks can be used to store questions for use in other assessments. You can use your item banks in any course where you have permission to create and edit an assessment using New Quizzes.
- Select Quizzes
- Open an existing assessment
create a new assessment
Click the Item Banks button.
- Click the +Bank button.
- In the Bank Name field enter the name of the item bank.
- Click the Create Bank button to save your bank.
Your bank is now saved and ready to either add questions from the quiz or import from a QTI. See the next two tabs on this page for instructions
Once you create content in an assessment, you can add it to an item bank for use in other assessments. You can add questions or stimulus from any course where you have permission to create and edit a quiz using New Quizzes.
After a question has been added to an item bank, all question properties other than point value and certain options must be edited in the item bank. You should make sure your question is complete before adding it to an item bank.
Locate the question you would like to add to the item bank. Click the Edit icon.
- Click the Item Banking accordion button.
- Click the Add to Bank link.
To add the item to an existing item bank:
- Click the Existing item bank option.
- Select the item bank you want to use in the Select the destination bank drop-down menu.
- Click the Add button.
To create a new bank for the item:
- Click the New item bank option.
- Enter the name for the new bank in the New Bank Title field.
- Click the Add button.
You can import questions from a QTI package into an item bank.
- New Quizzes only supports imports from QTI 1.2 and 2.x.
- You can only import questions if you access item banks from the Manage Item Banks page in the Options menu. If you click the Item Banks button, you will not be able to import questions.
Click the Options icon and select the Manage Item Banks option.
Click a preexisting empty item Bank or click the +Bank button to create a new item bank.
- Click the Options icon
- Select the Import Content option.
Note: If there are questions in your item bank, you will not be able to select the Import Content option.
- Import a QTI file: drag and drop the file or select a file by clicking the Browse button.
- Start the import, click the Import button.
A status bar will display the status of the import.
When finished you questions will now be in the item bank. You might notice that the name of the bank changed to that of what the QTI file was called.