Prior Courses in Canvas. What is available?
Courses that were taught in Canvas, remain in Canvas! If you taught a Canvas course, e.g., Summer_2018, that course still resides in Canvas.
Where and how do I find?
You will not see them listed on the Dashboard, to locate completed courses:
- Select the Courses icon from Global Navigation
- Scroll down and select All Courses. Courses are listed (current semester courses then past semesters courses)
NOTE: completed Canvas courses contain:
- Student enrollment lists
- Student grade information (grades / submissions cannot be changed or edited)
- Copies of student submissions (students also have access to their submissions that can be accessed / downloaded BUT cannot be changed or edited
Copy a Previous Canvas Course
- Content Type drop-down menu, select the Copy a Canvas Course option.
- Search for a course by name, enter the name in the Course Name field. Click the name of the course when it appears.
NOTE: If you are using a prior Canvas course, make sure that you place a check mark in the box "Include completed courses" to display those courses as well
- To select specific content, click the Select specific content radio button.
Note: If you select the specific content option, you are required to select the content you want to import after you review the remaining page options. After you start importing the content, the import selection cannot be canceled.
If you wish to import all content from the course, select the All Content radio button.
- Click Import