Prior Courses in Canvas. What is available?
Courses that were taught in Canvas, remain in Canvas! If you taught a Canvas course, e.g., Summer_2018, that course still resides in Canvas.
Where and how do I find?
You will not see them listed on the Dashboard, to locate completed courses:
- Select the Courses icon from Global Navigation
- Scroll down and select All Courses. Courses are listed (current semester courses then past semesters courses
Copy a Previous Canvas Course
Log into Canvas and the current (new) course you want to populate.
There are two areas where the import button is located
- On home page on the right-hand side panel select Import Existing Content
- In Settings on the right-hand side panel select Import Existing Content
- Content Type drop-down menu, select the Copy a Canvas Course option.
- Search for a course by name, enter the name in the Course Name field. Click the name of the course when it appears.
NOTE: If you are using a prior Canvas course, make sure that you place a check mark in the box "Include completed courses" to display those courses as well
- To select specific content, click the Select specific content radio button.
Note: If you select the specific content option, you are required to select the content you want to import after you review the remaining page options. After you start importing the content, the import selection cannot be canceled.
If you wish to import all content from the course, select the All Content radio button.
- Click Import