You can share files and videos in your Canvas course using Google Drive. The instructions below feature sharing videos, but the instructions are also the same for sharing files too.
- Log into your LTU account go to Google Drive
- Select New and Folder. Type in a name for the folder; e.g., Course_04 Zoom Sessions.
- Now you need to set folder permissions so that students can open / view.
- Right-click on the created folder, select +Share. Select the permission for “Anyone at Lawrence Tech with link can view”. This allows your students logged into Canvas or their LTU email to view the recordings in the folder with the link
Upload/save the Zoom MP4 file to this Google Drive folder
When Zoom saves the session to local computer, it places the recording on your local computer under “This PC, Documents, Zoom
- Select +New, File Upload
- Select Zoom MP4 file or drag/drop file to the folder. Although uploaded to Google, it may take a while for the processing of the video to load/finish due to the size of recording.
- Once upload completes, make sure it is shared - right-click the file and set to anyone at LTU with link can view.
Add to Canvas
- Log into a Canvas Course and select Modules
- Select the module desired or create +Module, type in a name (make sure module is Published) or students will not be able to see
- To the right of this module, select the + Add Item. Click the down arrow to right of Add
- Select External URL from Google share file
- Copy the URL from the Google file (see above) and paste in URL. Place a checkmark in Load in new tab
- Remember to Add Item
Add Zoom Recording to Google Drive Folder