As an instructor, you can create a discussion for your course. This lesson outlines a variety of options to choose from in order to customize a discussion for your course.
Note: Discussions can be graded or ungraded. If a student attaches a file to an ungraded discussion, the file size counts toward the student's storage quotas. However, attachments added to graded discussions do not count toward the student's storage quotas.
- In Course Navigation, click the Discussions link.
- Click the +Discussion button.
- Enter a Title
- The Rich Content Editor (Text Box) add text, images, files, and videos. You can use the panel on the right to add those links, images, and files. Up at the top right, the rocketship, is Design Tools which can be used to add more elements to the rich content editor.
- Graded checkbox: If this option is selected, additional options will be added to the page.
- Add to student to-do checkbox: Student to-do items display in the course calendar, in the student-specific List View Dashboard, and in the global and course home page to-do lists. Used for ungraded discussions.
- Save & Publish Will save your assignment progress AND allow students to see the assignment
Save Will only save your assignment progress