Using Assignment Groups allows you to organize the assignments in your course.
- In Course Navigation, click the Assignments link.
- Click the +Group button.
- Type the Assignment Group Name in the Group Name field.
- Click the Save button.
Adding assignment to groups
To add an assignment, test, or project to one of the group. Click on +Assignment at the top or you can click the + sign to the right of the group title
- Select Assignments from Course Navigation
- Click on the +Assignment box at the top-right hand corner to open in Edit Mode
- Type in an assignment name and type in any instructions/directions for the students
- Points: Type in the points associated with the assignment
- Assignment Group: Canvas Assignment Groups allow you to “label” associated assignments; for instance, you can create various groups that allow for assignment “associations”. Creating and using assignment groups also assist you if you use “weighting” factors (see more information on Create and Using Assignment Groups)
- Display Grade as: Default is Points. Also have the option to check “Do not count this assignment towards the final grade”
- Submission Type: This is key! There are 4 options to select from.
- Assign to: Everyone or select students
- Due Date and/or Available From/Until
- Save & Publish (makes the assignment available to the student
- Save (creates assignment but student cannot see/submit until published)