eHelp Submit a Turnitin Assignment
What is a Turnitin Assignment?
Turnitin is a plagiarism detection service that identifies potentially plagiarized or improperly cited text and is integrated in Canvas. When your assignment is submitted, Turnitin automatically checks submitted work for originality and will publish as part of the assignment a report detailing findings.
How do I submit a Turnitin Assignment?
Your instructor will set up an assignment in Canvas similar to other assignments. We are encouraging instructors to identify those assignments that will be submitted through Turnitin so you should be able to identify. Turnitin assignments are submitted just as you would a normal assignment:
- Select the location of the assignment as directed by your instructor, this generally will be under Assignments.
- Click the assignment name to select and open
- Click Submit Assignment from the top right of the page
- Click Browse under File Upload to find, highlight and add the locally saved assignment document. Optionally, you can include comments to your instructor regarding submission.
- You must click the box to certify you have read the university's academic integrity policy and that the submission represents your original work
- You will submit your assignment by clicking the Submit Assignment button
When submitted you will see the submission details (date/time) on the next screen