"As students are progressing in their projects, they will practice program management and managing timing constraints necessary for proper and efficient project completion. During the course, students will complete the initial planning, research, and design for the project. At the end of the semester, students will have the completed project, with circuit and software specifications implemented for their design. In this phase, students are encouraged to explore creative solutions, creative methods to obtain information related to their project, component and code selection, and communication with vendors. The actual hardware/software will be constructed and debugged in this course.
Specific goals for the course: Specific outcomes of instruction:
1. The student will develop designs related to an open-ended project which allows them to be creative.
2. The student will be able to write professional technical reports and present projects in public.
3. The student will demonstrate an ability to mathematically model systems.
4. The student will solve problems satisfying numerous constraints.
5. The student will be able to analyze social and environmental aspects of engineering activities.
6. The student will be able to work in teams with heterogeneous knowledge and skills.
7. The student will develop their critical thinking and problem solving skills.
8. The student will be able to create, and apply techniques using modern engineering tools.
9. The student will develop their programming and hardware implementation skills.
10. The student will implement a working prototype of their design."