First Year Ignite: Spark Your Spirit
Friday, August 20
First Year Ignite is mandatory for all incoming students at LTU.
First Year Ignite is an orientation program for all first-year students. Held before classes begin, First Year Ignite focuses on the first-year experience, campus involvement, history and traditions, and the spirit of LTU.
First Year Ignite is your chance to create your own community within LTU. You’ll leave with a better idea of what it means to be a LTU Blue Devil!
Participants will not only receive pertinent information about life as a first-year student at Lawrence Tech but also:
- Developing leadership skills
- Promoting awareness on topics such as alcohol awareness, sexual harassment, Title IX, diversity
- Educating students on University Policies & Procedures
- Promoting a safe, healthy, successful and fulfilling college experience
- Building relationships with their peers to ease the transition to college life
- Promoting co-curricular activities
- Embracing university traditions
- Creating a fun and positive campus environment
- And, have fun!
Who Will Be There?
All incoming first-year students and transfer students with less than 30 credit hours are required to attend First Year Ignite. In addition to the over 300 first year and transfer students, you will also meet an outstanding group of student leaders who will serve as Ignite Leaders.
You will be part of a small group of students which will be led by an Ignite Leader. Together, you will share in the experience of team-building, learning how to get involved at LTU, and develop leadership skills within you! During the two days, you will also be able to interact with University administrators and alumni that work with students here at LTU!