Make A Home Right Here in Blue Devil Country!
Living on campus can be an exciting way to make your time as an LTU student even more special. For your time inside the classroom is just as important as your time outside of it - all of it makes up a part of your college education. So have easier access to your classes, activities, friends, and sporting events by living in LTU Housing!
Requesting Housing Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
Lawrence Technological University (LTU) strives to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodations for those students with verified disabilities. If you are a student with a documented disability and are considering enrolling at LTU and living on campus, or if you are currently an enrolled student, please follow the list of procedures listed below.
- First, contact the Disability Services Office as early as possible to receive the full benefit of services available. Services will be provided on a case-by-case basis and the types of accommodations provided are dependent on the impact of the student's disability.
- Complete and submit the following documentation:
The Disability Services Office, along with the collaboration of the Housing Office, will consider your request and communicate our decision to you through email. Said decision will be final.
Requests for Reduced-Distraction or Distraction-Free SpacesResidential Housing is not a distraction free or reduced distraction environment. By virtue of shared facilities, resources, and number of people living under one roof, students living within LTU communities cannot expect quiet-distraction free space within residence halls. Living within the community and learning to share space and be considerate of others is part of the learning experience.
Housing Accommodation Appeals Process
To request a housing accommodation, students must submit the Housing Accommodation Request Form to the Office of Disability Services. The Disability Services Advisor reviews the submitted documentation and relays the reasonable accommodation determined to the student, if approved. In the event that a housing accommodation is not approved, a formal appeal process is available to students to request an additional review of the request.
- The student should connect with the Disability Services Advisor to determine if a resolution may be reached before beginning an appeals process. The Disability Services Advisor may request to speak with the medical professional who completed the form to obtain additional information regarding the request.
- If the decision cannot be resolved after meeting with the Disability Services Advisor, the student may contact the Associate Dean of Students, Cyndi Spotts (email@example.com). The student may be asked to submit new/additional documentation.
- The Associate Dean will review the previous and/or additional documentation and information and provide a decision to the student. The student will be notified of the decision in writing through email. This decision will be final.
Housing Accommodation Request Deadlines 2022-2023
Current Students: Disability accommodation requests must be completed and approved by March 31st for guaranteed accommodation.
Incoming Freshman and Transfer Students: Disability accommodation requests must be completed and approved by May 1st for guaranteed accommodation.
For more information regarding disability-related housing accommodations on campus, please contact the Office of Disability Services.