The Blue Devil Revolution program was founded in 2012 by Alumnus Mike Darga, Associate Professor Constance Bodurow and Athletic Director Scott Trudeau.
Sign up for bicycle maintenance classes and get reimbursed.
To receive reimbursement, scan your receipt and forward it to email@example.com.
1) To expand and encourage the LTU Blue Devil Bike Crew and involve other student groups to encourage student involvement in biking activities and non-motorized transportation planning and development supported by the restricted fund.
2) To leverage other current campus biking initiatives, including the Blue Devil Bikes program and the annual participation in Tour de Troit.
1) Creation of a campus master plan of non-motorized transportation on-campus and linking the campus to the greater community, including the city of Southfield.
2) Inclusion of non-motorized transportation and alternative modes of transportation (e.g., Complete and Flexible Streets) within the engineering and architecture curriculums and coordination with the LTU Center for Sustainability.
3) Student Non-Motorized and Alternative Transportation Education.
4) Bicycle Facilities on campus, including
- Bicycle racks
- Bicycle lockers
5) Addressing the Five E's of the League of American Bicyclists: Engineering, Education, Encouragement, Enforcement, and Evaluation & Planning (see Appendix A).
6) Creation of an annual alumni bicycle tour (Detroit area history-based).
7) Increased LTU participation at the annual "Tour de Troit" bicycle event.
8) Completion of the mountain bike trail system ("The Devil's Ridge").
9) Develop collateral materials (maps, signage, safety, website, etc.)
LTU Blue Devil Revolution Committee Members
Kevin Finn, Dean of Students
Mike Darga, LTU Alumnus
Constance Bodurow, Professor & Founder of LTU Blue Devil Revolution
Joe Veryser, University Architect
Kalie Davio, International Programs
Matt Maracle, Campus Facilities
Mark Hieber, Harley Ellis Devereaux (Consultant: Southfield, MI)
Mijung Ko, Harley Ellis Devereaux (Consultant: Southfield, MI)
Don Gillette, Athletics & Student Recreation