April 6, 2020
We appreciate your patience, and hope you and your family are safe and healthy. We know that students have questions in regard to housing and meal plan refunds and/or credits due to the impact of COVID-19. Please note housing rates vary depending on the building a student resides in. Here is a brief summary of LTU’s policy:
- Students who resided in Donley Hall, Reuss Hall or East Hall will receive a prorated amount of $1,100 for their housing and $700 for their meal plan.
- Students who resided in a one bedroom apartment in South Housing will receive a prorated amount of $1,000 for their housing and $700 for their meal plan. Students who resided in a two bedroom in South Housing will receive $700 for their housing and $700 for their meal plan.
- Students who resided in Arbor Lofts will receive a prorated amount of $1,400.
- Students with a meal plan exemption are not eligible for a prorated meal plan refund.
- Students with a reduced plan due to an approved disability accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the meal plan refund amount.
- Graduate assistants and resident assistants are not eligible for housing and meal plan refunds.
- For all students, credits will first be applied to any outstanding student account balance.
- Students who have petitioned to graduate will receive a refund check.
- Students who have remained in University Housing and/or Arbor Lofts will not be eligible for a credit or refund.
Students who have not petitioned to graduate may choose to have a credit applied to their account for future charges or receive a refund check. Students selecting a refund check, please e-mail Michele Hines, email@example.com, in Student Accounts by 11:59 p.m. on April 12, 2020. Students who do not respond by April 12, 2020 will automatically receive a credit on their accounts.
Take care and be safe.
Dean of Students
March 23, 2020
Thank you for your patience during this very unpredictable time in our university's and nation's history. I apologize but adjustments are needed in two areas:
1) Meal Pick-up: We are switching to three days for meal pick-up (Monday, Wednesday and Friday). There will be one pick-up time on those days from 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. The new format begins on Wednesday, March 25. Service hours will remain the same on Tuesday, March 24 (breakfast 8 a.m. - 9 a.m. and lunch/dinner 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.).
Beginning on March 25, 2020:
- Wednesday's pick-up provides meals for Wednesday and Thursday.
- Friday's meal pick-up provides meals for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Monday's meal pick-up provides meals for Monday and Tuesday.
2) Tech Transit will greatly reduce its service due to many businesses being closed and fewer students on campus. Tech Transit will operate on Tuesday and Thursday from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. The route will take students to and from Meijer for groceries and toiletries.
We greatly appreciate your understanding. Remember, if you are experiencing any symptoms of Coronavirus to please contact your doctor, and self-isolate. If you are unaware of where to receive help, please call the Housing On Call staff at 248.722.7627. A member of our staff will provide you directions on next steps.
Dean of Students
March 19, 2020
Although classes are being offered online for the remainder of the semester, all housing students must vacate University Housing by Sunday, March 22, 2020 by 4pm.
If you are an international student or feel you have an extenuating circumstance, you can apply to remain on campus. Please fill out the attached form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 p.m. on Friday, March 20, 2020. We will then notify you if your request is approved. At this time, we must limit the number of students on campus for the health and safety of our entire community, including yourself.
Exceptions to remain on campus will only be given to those who are international or have an extreme need. Working on campus or in the area will not qualify you to remain on campus. There are several great apartment complexes in the area including Arbor Lofts, Regal Towers, among many more. If you feel you only need temporary housing, the Hawthorne Suites is also an option.
We ask that all students, unless you receive an exception to stay, be moved out by Sunday, March 22, 2020 by 4pm.
If you are an Arbor Lofts resident, please check out at Donley Hall.
Students may come to campus Friday, March 20th, Saturday, March 21 or Sunday, March 22 between 9am and 4pm to move out their belongings and turn in their keys. To refrain from having everyone in the building at once trying to move out, as we also want to reduce the number of students in the building, please follow the schedule below as to the time we would like you to move out.
|9am-10am: Rooms ending in 01, 06, 15, 19, 22|
|10am-11am: Rooms ending in 02, 05, 11, 18, 21|
|11am-12pm: Rooms ending in 03, 09, 13, 17, 20|
|12pm-1pm: Rooms ending in 04, 07, 16, 19|
|9am-10am: Rooms ending in 01, 04, 11, 15, 21, 27, 30, 36, 38|
|10am-11am: Rooms ending in 10, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 26, 33, 37|
|11am-12pm: Rooms ending in 02, 05, 07, 24, 28, 35|
|12pm-1pm: Rooms ending in 03, 09, 12, 19, 25, 29, 34|
|1pm-2pm: Rooms ending in 06, 08, 14, 17, 22, 31, 32
|9am-10am: A Pod 1st Floor, B Pod 2nd Floor, E Pod 2nd Floor|
|10am-11am: C Pod 2nd Floor, D Pod 1st Floor|
|11am-12pm: B Pod 1st Floor, E Pod 1st Floor|
|12pm-1pm: A Pod 2nd Floor, D Pod 2nd Floor, C Pod 1st Floor|
|9am-10am: Rooms ending in 00, 11, 15|
|10am-11am: Rooms ending in 03, 08, 12|
|11am-12pm: Rooms ending in 01, 10, 14|
|12pm-1pm: Rooms ending in 02, 09, 13|
If your scheduled time does not work for you, that is ok, arrive when you can; however you should not plan to arrive after 4pm as there will not be anyone available to check you out after 4pm.
If one of these three dates does not work for you, please arrange with your building Residence Hall Coordinator by emailing your building composite, to move out at a later date:
The University is working on a refund plan for residential students for their housing and meal plan. More information will be communicated about that as soon as we can.
For students who receive mail, upon move out, you will fill out a mail forwarding card. We are able to forward letters, however, the University cannot forward packages. If you know you are expecting a package you should try to cancel that delivery now or reroute it to your home. If we receive packages we will “Return To Sender” the package and you will need to reorder it.
Information regarding Housing Renewal for the Fall semester will be emailed out within the next couple of weeks so please continue to check your LTU email. Summer Housing is yet to be determined and we will include summer housing information in with Housing Renewal. If there is no summer housing, we will expect all students who receive an exception to stay for now, to find alternate arrangements for summer.
Please let us know if you have any questions at this time and we thank you for your cooperation during this unprecedented time.
Office of University Housing