May 2020 Commencement Postponed
Per an email sent to all students by President Moudgil, the May 9, 2020 Commencement Ceremony will be postponed until November 21, 2020. All students that graduate in May or Summer are welcome to attend the November 21, 2020 ceremony. The Graduation Team will be reaching out to all students impacted by the postponed ceremony to encourage you to attend the ceremony in November. Expect to be contacted by the Graduation Team in early August for this confirmation.
Students that complete their degree requirements in May or Summer semesters will still have their degree posted and diploma made available by the schedule below:
May 2020 graduates:
Degree posted by – June 19, 2020
Diplomas available beginning July 6th
Degree verifications for employment can be completed starting June 1, 2020.
Summer 2020 graduates:
Degree posted by – August 28, 2020
Diplomas available beginning September 21st
Degree verifications for employment can be completed starting August 17, 2020.
You're Almost There!
Congratulations! As graduation nears, you may have questions regarding the granting of your degree and the Commencement ceremony. This website will provide the information you need.
Commencement tickets are limited.
Click here for more information regarding Commencement tickets and distribution dates.
Note: Walking at Commencement does not guarantee that your degree has been granted. All degree requirements must be fulfilled and verified before diplomas are printed. For more information on graduation status, please contact your academic department.
Graduation and Commencement Checklist
- Submit your Graduation Application.
- Request invitation letter for international guests- Click here to go to the Forms section of the Registrar's Office site
- Pick up your Commencement tickets. Click here for ticket distribution days and times.
- Out of state student who are unable to attend the Grad Fair - Complete the Out of State Ticket Request Form. You must have a ticket to participate in Commencement!
- Purchase your cap and gown.
- Review Day of Ceremony Participation Guidelines.
- Make arrangements for graduates and guests with special needs.
- Confirm your personal contact information on BannerWeb for diploma printing, mailing, and trouble shooting.
- Attend the Grad Fair.
- Order your Commencement DVD.
- Settle all financial accounts at the One-Stop Center or on BannerWeb. If a balance is owed, your diploma will not be released.
- You are almost a Lawrence Tech alum! Check out the Lawrence Tech Alumni Association.