Lawrence Technological University provides resources for students looking for employment. 

  • On & off Campus, Work Study, & Family Literacy Program opportunities.
  • Students are allowed to work part-time up to 20 hours per week.
When searching for on-campus jobs, first check Handshake. On Handshake, search "LTU Employment" and browse open positions of interest. 
*Please note, using the Handshake system does not guarantee an interview or employment, but will help streamline the process of job searching.

Additional On-Campus Opportunities

Campus Dining

Join our Campus Dining Team (ARAMARK) and take advantage of the benefits:

  • Convenient Location
  • Flexible Hours
  • Competitive Wages
  • Earn Free Meals

To apply for employment opportunities please visit or stop by the Campus Dining office located in the atrium of the Buell Management building.

Aramark Photo 1 2013


  • Show off your school spirit and work in the bookstore! Assist students and help them prepare for a successful school year.  

To apply for employment opportunities, please visit Handshake and search under "LTU Employment" for open positions. 

Academic Achievement Center 

  • Help students reach academic success at the Academic Achievement Center (AAC). 

To apply for employment opportunities, please visit:

University Housing

  • Work in university housing as a Resident Assistant or Desk Receptionist.

To apply for employment opportunities, please visit:

Tech Transit 

  • Are you interested in transportation and helping individuals get to their destination?

If so, apply for employment opportunities here:


Employment Forms

All Student Assistants

All official application documents are completed via DocuSign.  This will be provided once a student has been offered employment by a university administrator/supervisor.

Student Employment Handbook 

Student Employment Hiring Process 

Additional Forms for International Student Employees

All official application documents are completed via DocuSign.  This will be provided once a student has been offered employment by a university administrator/supervisor.

If you are hiring an international student who needs a Social Security number, you will need to complete our online SSN Letter Request form IP is notified when the form is submitted and will issue the SSN letter and other documents the student needs to apply for their SSN.  Once the student has their SSN, they will notify you so that you/your department can complete the hiring paperwork.  Email with any questions.

Online SSN Letter Request Form 

International Students And Social Security Numbers

Social Security Card Application 

Social Security Administration Driving Directions 

Frequently Asked Questions

On Handshake, select the "jobs" tab. Then search "LTU Employment". Select the appropriate employer listed, and click "apply". Please be advised to inquire at professional intervals. 

Resumes are required for most on-campus employment applications. Upload your most recent resume into your documents section of Handshake every semester. If you need resume assistance please contact the Office of Career Services at or 248-204-3140. 

Student employment is available to undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled in classes at LTU. To be eligible for on-campus employment all the following conditions must be met: 

  1. Be a matriculated student at the University.
  2. Enrolled in minimum of 6 semester hours in an undergraduate program or 4  semester hours in a graduate program (Continuing Education credits are not  counted toward semester hour requirements) and maintain good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA)
  3. Pursuing a degree or certificate.
  4. Possess a valid social security number or be eligible to apply for a SSN.
  5. Verify employment eligibility by completing an I-9 Form and submitting appropriate documentation to the hiring department supervisor.
  6. Not on probation or suspension as a result of a disciplinary hearing.

In the Fall and Spring semesters, students are permitted to work up to a total average of up to 20 hours per week.  However, during breaks and summer (if the student is enrolled for 3 credits or less), students are permitted to work up to 30 hours per week. Students are not allowed to work more than 30 hours per week. Hours permitted is also based on department funding.

  • Driver's License & Social Security Card (U.S. Citizen's)
  • Voided Check
  • International Students
    • Current Passport
    • Current Visa
    • I-20/DS2019
    • I-94
    • Social Security Card 

Students not registered for summer classes (and students registered for 3 credits or less) may work up to 30 hours/week during the summer term if they are registered for fall classes. Students who are taking more than 3 credits during summer term are subject to the 20 hour per week maximum imposed during the standard academic year.

On-campus employment is very competitive as there are limited positions available. To increase your opportunity of finding an on-campus job, it is highly suggested that you explore Handshake and discuss your interest with faculty, staff, and administrators. There may be opportunities available for event by event basis.

Departments may require a particular dress code for students depending on the work environment. Due to certain job responsibilities, departments may allow students to dress more casually or professional. Students should discuss with their supervisors regarding the appropriate dress code for the department. Below are suggested examples of clothing not appropriate for the workplace regardless of the job responsibilities.

  • Cutoffs
  • Flip-flops
  • Inappropriate print on any visible piece of clothing
  • Ragged clothing
  • Halter tops or tank tops without clothing to cover
  • Micro-miniskirts
  • Revealing attire
  • Bare midriff
  • Low-rise shirts and pants
  • Underwear as outerwear

Repeated failure to adhere to the general dress code guidelines as well as specific department dress code guidelines will be grounds for termination from the job.

Office of Career Services, C404
Taubman Student Services Center
21000 West Ten Mile Road
Southfield, MI 48075-1058

8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.