Career Services offers a variety of services to help in your initial steps in job searching and career preparation.
Our staff will help you develop or critique your resume, assess your interviewing skills, provide networking strategies with employers, and much more!
Benefits of Handshake:
Students & Alumni:
- Search for numerous positions
- Connect with employers in multiple ways
- Schedule Individual appointments with a Career Advisor
- Check-in at Career Services Events and More!
- Manage all your campuses with Handshake at no cost.
- Update your job postings, and view applicants
- Search for potential candidates and reach out directly with in-app messaging
- Register for Career Fairs and Events
Unique Job Hunting Web Services Providing Integrated Employment Research Tools Like No Other...Move Your Career Into the Fast Lane!
The CareerShift search tool returns results from every career site and job board. Save and organize all the relevant jobs which meet your search criteria, whether you search by job title, company name, keywords, or location.
- find and apply to jobs
- search companies and connect with current employees
- view employee profiles, company information, and articles on the web
- connect with alumni and develop networking advantages
- create resumes, cover letters, and other documents
- set up a career campaign
- create job search goals and interview schedules
Note: This service is strictly for LTU students and alumni. You must use your LTU email address to register/access this site.
Whether you are exploring multiple majors or searching for information about your chosen field, this site provides a wide range of benefits including:
- Help connecting majors to careers
- Beneficial information about the typical career areas and the types of employers that hire people with each major
- Strategies to make you a more marketable candidate
- Additional resources that would help continue your research on majors and careers
What is Glassdoor?
Glassdoor is one of the fastest growing jobs and recruiting sites.
Glassdoor holds a growing database of millions of company reviews, CEO approval ratings, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, benefits reviews, office photos and more. Unlike other jobs sites, all of this information is entirely shared by those who know a company best — the employees. Add to that millions of the latest jobs — no other site allows you to see which employers are hiring, what it's really like to work or interview there according to employees, and how much you could earn. Glassdoor is also available via its mobile app on iOS and Android platforms.
Office of Career Services, C404
Taubman Student Services Center
21000 West Ten Mile Road
Southfield, MI 48075-1058