The Graduate Certificate in Project Management offered through the College of Business and Information Technology provides the primary project management knowledge and practical experience you’ll need to successfully manage projects.
In this program, you will learn the Project Management Institute, Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) by completing four 3 credit hour project management courses. Once you have completed this program, you’ll have the practical knowledge required to manage projects in a variety of organizational settings – and the critical knowledge and experience to advance your skills in the field of project management.
This 12 credit certificate can be complete 100% online. Courses are also offered on campus.
Completion of the Graduate Certificate in Project Management program can also provide qualifying requirements if you intend to apply for the Project Management Institute, professional certifying programs.
Need assistance? Contact one of the academic advisors 248.204.3050 or email email@example.com.
- Plan, execute, monitor and control projects
- Define and manage risks
- Make sure work gets done to the right standard
- Assign and coordinate the work
- Lead and motivate the project’s team members
- Keep project running on time and on budget
- Manage unexpected changes
- Make sure project delivers expected outcomes and benefits
- Lawrence Tech offers exposure to fields you may not encounter in a traditional program
- Familiarity with architecture and design, the sciences and engineering can give you a distinct advantage in today’s technologically driven job market
- LTU is located in one of the world’s great centers for entrepreneurship, technological achievement and innovation
- Named one of the best universities in the Midwest by the Princeton Review, Lawrence Tech is committed to the motto of theory and practice
Your 12-credit-hour program consists of:
|Course Number||Subject||Main Campus Rotation||Online Rotation||Cr. Hrs.|
|MBA 7063||Project Management||Fall, Spring, Summer||Fall, Spring, Summer||3|
|Choose any three elective courses from the following:|
|INT 6253||Managing Outsourced Projects||Summer||3|
|INT 7563||Agile Project Management||Fall||Spring||3|
|MBA 6043||Global Leadership||Fall, Spring (Hybrid), Summer||Fall||3|
|MBA 7053||Managing a Global Workforce||Fall (Hybrid)||Spring (Hybrid)||3|
|MBA 7103||Entrepreneurship and New Venture Management||Spring 2019||3|
|MBA 7173||Project Risk and Quality Management||Fall||3|
|MBA 7033||Organization Development and Change Management||Spring||3|
Consult with your advisor to determine the best way to coordinate this concentration with the requirements of your degree program.