With more and more data being collected every day, there is now an increase in demand for experts in Data Analytics. From the healthcare to the financial sector, solutions are needed to solve complex, big data problems. At Lawrence Tech, you can partner with faculty that train students with critical thinking skills required to effectively define, discuss, and solve complicated problems related to managing, analyzing, and disseminating vast amounts of information.
Business Analytics and Data Analytics related professions have strong demand at the local, regional, and national levels. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the employment of database administrators is projected to grow 10 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations.
The College of Business and Information Technology also offers:
- A personal faculty advisor who mentors you as you strive to meet your professional goals
- Dedicated student relationship advisors who guide you throughout your academic experience
- Insight theories and thoughtful reflection that enhance managerial learning and development
- A learning environment that encourages the cultivation of global thinking to advance a more humane and sustainable world community
- Your choice of online, on-ground or hybrid courses
- Utilize statistical concepts of data analysis, data collection, modeling, and inference in many fields
- Learn algorithmic problem-solving skills with a variety of statistical methods and models
- Apply modern data science methods to your field
- Become a leader and problem solver in your community
- Collaborate with LTU faculty to utilize contemporary computing technologies, such as machine learning, AI, parallel, and distributed computing, to solve practical problems.
- Use standard software and information technology to pursue inquiries relevant to your interests.
- Gain access to LTU’s well-connected career placement services.
- Named one of the best universities in the Midwest by the Princeton Review, Lawrence Tech is committed to the motto of theory and practice
The curriculum includes 10 required courses:
|Course #||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|MBAXXXX||Statistics for Data Analytics & Visualization||3|
|INT6043||Management Information Systems||3|
|INT 6103||Python for Data Analysis and Visualization||3|
|INT 6113||Database Modeling and Administration||3|
|INTXXXX||Introduction to Machine Learning||3|
|INT7213||Business Analytics & Intelligence||3|
|INTXXXX||Introduction to Social Media Data Analytics||3|
|INT7623||Data Science for Business||3|