If you are a business technologist who wants to combine your management skill with technology, the MSIT program is a great place to start. This program will enable you to enhance your knowledge of how corporations use technology to address business problems. You will learn alongside students from an array of academic and professional backgrounds who are looking to advance their career in the IT sector, move into an IT career, or progress to the leadership level.
Application to College of Business and Information Technology MSIT Program must possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in another country.
Application Materials Required:
- Online application which can be found at ltu.edu/futurestudents/graduate/
- Non-refundable application fee of $50 that can be paid online
- Official transcripts must be submitted from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Professional resume showing your work experience and education history
- A GMAT or GRE score is not required if your undergraduate cumulative GPA is 3.0 or better (waived if a graduate degree was earned)
- If your GPA is lower than a 3.0, please submit a one-page purpose/goal statement and one letter of recommendation
Students seeking admission into the MSIT program may be admitted on a regular or conditional basis. The admissions committee will review the student’s educational background and work experience to determine the student’s admission status based on the following criteria:
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree or equivalent from an accredited institution of higher education
- Quality of the student’s academic record and educational background
- The nature and extent of the student’s work experience
Further foundation classes may be required of students who have not taken undergraduate coursework in Information Technology.
All international students must follow the same application process mentioned above in addition to the following:
Proof of English Proficiency:
If English is not your native language, English proficiency requirements can be fulfilled with one of the following:
- TOEFL iBT Internate-based Test score: 79 or better
- International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) 6.0 or better
- Duolingo English Test: 105 or better
This requirement can be waived if you have earned an undergraduate degree or post-graduate degree from an institution in which English is the language of instruction.
Application Deadline for International students:
We highly recommend that international students apply on or before the deadline to provide sufficient time to apply, receive application decision, receive I-20, and secure a visa to start your program on time.
- Fall 2022: Application Deadline: May 24, 2022
- Spring 2023: Application Deadline: October 11, 2022
- Summer 2023: Application Deadline: February 14, 2023
- Fall 2023: Application Deadline: May 23, 2023
We recommend all international students arrive several days before the start of a semester. This allows students ample time to acclimate to a new place, new academic systems, procedures, and policies of our academic institution before starting classes.
Graduate Credit Transfer Policy
A petition for transfer of credits should be initiated by the student completing the Graduate Transfer Credit Request form, and made prior to the completion of the first semester of the graduate program. Along with the form, students must submit course descriptions, course syllabus, and an official transcript if not already received by the university.
Up to 12 credit hours are generally accepted by the College of Business and Information Technology for the Master of Business Administration program and up to nine credit hours are accepted for the Master of Science in Information Technology and Master of Science in Business Data Analytics program. These courses must be graduate-level courses taken at an accredited university.
Each course generally must have been taken within seven years of application for admission. Transfer students should apply for admission through the Office of Admissions. Transferred courses must have a grade of 3.0 or better; grades of “passed/not passed,” “pass/fail,” or “pass/no entry” are not acceptable.
Students who have taken courses at Defense Acquisition University must provide official DAU transcripts with the ACE evaluation to be reviewed. Only courses that have equivalent graduate credit will be considered.
Students may be required to submit additional evidence (e.g., catalog descriptions, and tests/examinations) in order to justify the transfer of credits. The Graduate Admissions Committee may require the applicant to demonstrate proficiency in a subject either through an interview or written examination prepared by faculty members who have expertise in the subject/discipline.
Because of my LTU education, I was hand-picked to create, recruit, develop, and lead a new team responsible for transforming Ford into the future of AI, AV, EV and smart transportation.”
employed at time of graduation
graduate students in CoBIT
median salary for computer and information technology occupations, 2021