Job Title: Marketing Specialist
Company: Detroit Public TV
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Broadcast Media, Film or related subject matter field required 3 - 5 years of communications, journalism, public relation, marketing or related experience
Location: Wixom, MIEssential Functions:
• Produce content across a wide variety of marketing platforms including but not limited to:
-Social media posts to support engagement of DPTV and WRCJ
-Original graphics for marketing campaigns and initiatives
-Social-first video from existing and original content
-Marketing and blog content for websites
• Support website content creation that is optimized for search engines.
• Understand the strategic objectives of DPTV and WRCJ and apply creative and effective approaches to achieve demonstrable results
• Help enhance the DPTV and WRCJ brands, build its image in the community and promote and amplify its content
• Collaborate with all members of the Marketing and Digital Team, as well as departments throughout DPTV and WRCJ
• Assist in fundraising through developing marketing content
• Other duties as assigned
• Familiarity with and interest in topics of importance to the Detroit Public Television community, including arts and culture, children and education, leadership and public policy, health and wellness, energy and environment and the general well-being of the people of Detroit and Southeast Michigan
• Excellent writing and communications skills
• Excellent eye for design
• Knowledge of digital publishing workflow including experience with a content management system (CMS) like WordPress and Django
• Experience with HTML and CSS hand-coding
• Proficient in Photoshop
• Experience with search engine optimization (SEO) concepts
• Knowledge and understanding of popular social media platforms including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
• Knowledge of and adherence to tenets of accuracy, fairness and ethical standards of communications
• Creative, innovative and thoughtful approaches to assignments
• Ability to set and meet deadlines and to work irregular and extended hours when required
• Work well with people, enjoy life, possess a sense of humor
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to: HumanResources@dptv.org
Human Resources WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email. Posting Date: 1/17/2019
Job Title: Contracts Compliance and Operations Associate Representative (H)
Company: General Dynamics Land Systems
Experience: 1 to 20 years
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
The General Dynamics Land Systems Intern Program provides an opportunity for students looking to start or continue transition from academia into industry. Our three month internship assignments provide compensation based on area of study and class standing, have the students embedded in key functional areas of our business.
What: Data Driven Detroit (D3) is seeking an experienced and energetic applicant to enhance our analytical team in the role of Data Analyst. This is a full-time salaried position, working 40 hours per week with a salary range of $45,000 - $53,000 depending on qualifications. D3 provides an attractive benefits package, including paid vacation and personal time; access to group health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) profit-sharing plan; and eligibility for paid sabbatical
leave. Additional benefits include a strong emphasis on work-life balance, free parking near Midtown Detroit, and the opportunity to be included in spontaneous Bucharest Grill lunch runs!
Why: At D3, we exist as a data utility for the Southeast Michigan region, and much of our outward-facing work is directly produced by our analyst team. The team deals with a variety of projects that often require interaction with highly-specialized tools and skillsets, and we’re looking to integrate more SQL-based analysis into our client- and partner-facing project work and internal processes. If you’re selected for this job, you’ll join a fast-paced, dynamic working environment where ideas and suggestions are welcomed and critical thinking is strongly encouraged. Your typical days will include regular collaboration with your co-workers on an ever-evolving suite of projects; cleaning, transforming, and analyzing data from local, state, and federal sources, supporting D3’s outreach and engagement programs, and helping to strengthen and streamline our internal infrastructure.
Where: Founded in 2009, D3 is a low-profit social enterprise pursuing our mission of providing accessible, high-quality information and analysis to drive informed decision-making. Our vision is that essential and unbiased information is used by all. We operate as a people-focused company, investing heavily in the professional growth and continued learning of our team. We use the unique skills of our dedicated staff to provide information and analysis that helps nonprofits, local governments, community groups, and others use data more effectively and efficiently in their day-to-day lives, whether in Detroit, Southeast Michigan or beyond.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in the social sciences, business/market research, data analytics,
information science, or related field.
• Competence working with databases and Standard Query Language (SQL).
• Familiarity with Microsoft Access and/or SQL Server.
• Able to translate technical concepts and detailed analysis to a general audience.
• Flexibility in reacting to changing priorities.
• Willing and able to explore innovative and efficient solutions to problems.
• Experience managing individual deadlines and tasks as part of a project team.
• Willingness to contribute to collective knowledge.
• Curiosity around data and a strong desire to answer any question.
• Interest in a range of topics impacting social conditions, especially in an urban setting.
• Master’s degree or 2+ years of professional experience working with research and data.
• Competence working with Geographic Information Systems software (ArcGIS, QGIS, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience building connections with community groups.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Tenacity in the face of new information and obstacles.
• Able to manage projects, guide the work of teammates, and communicate with clients and
• Understanding of the relationships between social conditions and quality of life outcomes.
• Familiarity with local governmental and political structures.
How: Please submit a resume and a quick answer to the following prompt (responses should be no
more than 150 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Data Analyst”. We look
forward to reviewing your materials!
Please analyze and interpret trends from the following data table:
Family Employment and Child Poverty Trends, Detroit, MI
|Percent of Children in families with at least one person in the labor force||78.3%||74.6%|
|Percent of children living above 200% of the poverty level||19.5%||23.5|
Source: American Community Survey, 2010 and 2017 1-Year Estimates; Data Driven Detroit. Created September 2018.