What is Baja SAE?
- Engineering students design and build an off-road vehicle that will survive rough terrain in a variety of tests: acceleration, suspension, maneuverability and endurance.
- Students compete against 99 other teams in an international competition.
- Teams compete to have their design accepted for manufacture by a fictional firm.
- Tasked to generate financial support for their project and manage their educational priorities.
- Students must function as a team to conceptualize, design, build, test, promote, and race within the limits of race rules.
Benefits of Baja SAE
- Apply classroom concepts to real-world problems. Statics, dynamics, kinematics, electronics: it all has a place in Baja SAE.
- Collaboration builds a better product. We work together to design a car, solve problems, and represent our university on an international stage.
- Explore entrepreneurship through a business-focused vehicle design. Pitch sponsors, network with industry, develop timelines, and sell your product!
2017 Team Leaders
|James Mynderse, PhD