AudioVisual and Media Services
Lawrence Technological University’s AudioVisual and Media Services Department provides a number of services to the University community, including, but not by way of limitation:
- Traditional AV support, including audio sound systems, monitors, projectors, audio and video recording, and other devices
- Special Event and field (on-location) production for on campus as well as university related off-campus events
- Production of high quality digital visuals and audio. Our facility provides the backdrop to create and deliver content on broadcast- quality component analog and digital formats, CD-ROM, DVD, live via the Web, or via a LAN server network
- Instructional videos for on-campus, online, and distant learning
- Assistance and support of student instruction in media communication.
The opening of Lawrence Tech’s University Technology and Learning Center in 2002 created spaces for many of these services, and as resources and staffing allows, facilities are being fitted out and equipped for expanded services. Although we can’t yet do everything we’d like, and the process of outfitting our facilities is ongoing, we strive to accommodate the diverse needs of the campus community. Talk to us about your objectives and we’ll try to suggest ways we may be able to help.
With the substantial investment made to create an infrastructure to support first rate production studio and support services, we have worked to create a facility to provide the kinds of media support that are vital as the University continues to grow as the school of first choice in the region for technology-based professional education.
Much of our work is often done through the auspices of and in cooperation with other Lawrence Tech offices, including Conference Services (for most outside groups), Special Events, the Veraldi Instructional Technology Resource Center, the Media Communication degree program, and other departments. You are asked to first contact the appropriate office directly for complete coordination of your event plans, particularly if you represent an outside group or organization, or if your needs also include reserving room space, arranging for special meeting set-ups, food services or catering, campus safety, parking, and other services. Students, faculty, and staff on campus are advised that many academic and service departments here also have their own equipment, and you should initially check to see what is coordinated or available through your department.