In order to promote project / problem based learning in Computer Science classes, the Department of Math and Computer Science is pleased to announce:
Computer Science Best Class-Project Award
Instructors of all computer science undergraduate and graduate classes can nominate class projects (individual or team projects) for the award. The project is done as part of a class requirement, it should be outstanding, professional, unique, and creative. A committee consisting of 2 or 3 CS faculty will review the submitted projects and select up to 3 winning projects each academic year, around early May. Each recipient will receive the following:
- Certificate of award
- $200 gift card of recipient’s choice, in case of individual project (If team project, the amount will be equally divided). This gift is donated by an anonymous donor.
- Recognition on Department webpage and Facebook page
The following information is requested to nominate a project by an instructor OR student(s). (Note: self-nomination requires email endorsement by the class instructor)
- Title and one paragraph synopsis of the project
- Documentation in PDF
- YouTube video link of the public presentation in class is strongly recommended. (You may get help from eLearning, www.ltu.edu/elearning/video-requests.asp, for the video production)
- Links of any other web resources related to the class project.
Submit by 11:59 P.M. on April 30th.
For questions or to nominate, please email Dr. CJ Chung (CS Best Class-Project Award Committee Chair) at cchung@LTU.edu.