4+1 Combined BSCS (Bachelor of Science in Computer Science) and MSCS (Master of Science in Computer Science) Program is an accelerated program for highly motivated freshmen to earn both BSCS and MSCS degrees in five years.
Master of Science in Computer Science, Direct Entry (4+1)
Do you aspire to the top jobs in one of today’s hottest employment fields? Are you also motivated, ready to put your education on the fast track? If so, LTU’s Master of Science in Computer Science, Direct Entry (4+1) might be the program for you. This program provides you a path to earning a Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Computer Science in just five years.
With an expected employment growth rate of 12-24 percent through 2026 – the demand for computer scientists only continues to rise. And with median salaries that range from about $106,000 for software developers to $143,000 for computer and information systems managers – there’s no doubting the value of computer science skills.
In LTU’s direct entry program – where you’ll receive a strong foundation in mathematics, combined with research and development on complex systems – you can prepare earlier and better for the best jobs and PhD programs. You’ll also gain expertise that is in high demand by almost any business, technology company, or government agency in America.
Why LTU? You'll:
- Study with nationally recognized faculty
- Have the opportunity to do your own research and publish it in prestigious business and scientific journals
- Receive funding from LTU freshman scholarships, if awarded, throughout the fifth year
- Have access to paid internships, which frequently lead to full-time employment
- Participate regularly in state, national, and international competitions
- Work on interdisciplinary projects that hone your team-building and leadership skills
- Have the choice at the master’s level of your program to concentrate in Data Sciences or Intelligent Systems, two of the hottest areas in computer science
- Earn your degrees in a productive, vital and economically diverse region that is one of the world’s great centers for entrepreneurship, technological achievement and innovation
• Recalculated high school GPA must be 3.6 or higher
• ACT composite score must be 28 or higher or SAT score must be 1350 or higher
• Must be ready to take Calculus 1**
31 undergraduate credits
31 undergraduate credits
29 undergraduate credits
23 undergraduate credits and 9 graduate credits that are double counted for BSCS and MSCS
Meet with director to file "Plan of Work" after 92 credits.
Petition for BSCS when 123 credits are to be completed.
5th Year | Graduate
21 graduate credits
Petition for MSCS when 30 graduate credits are to be completed.
Contact: email@example.com if you have any questions about the 4+1 MSCS program.