Do you have a passion for radio and television? Is a competitive edge important to you? Are you a Specs Howard graduate?
If you answered yes to all three questions, then an Associate of Arts in Radio and TV Broadcasting from Lawrence Tech might be the program for you. Not only will you broaden your knowledge and expand your career options, this degree can be used as a steppingstone toward LTU’s Bachelor of Science in Media Communication.
A partnership between Lawrence Tech and the Specs Howard School of Broadcast Arts makes it possible for you to earn your associate degree by combining the practical knowledge you acquire at Specs Howard, with courses from LTU’s core liberal arts curriculum and several communication courses – credits that can also be transferred to LTU’s BS in Media Communication.
After you successfully complete the eight-month curriculum at Specs Howard, you are eligible to transfer 24 credits toward the 60 credit hours required for the AARTB. If you complete Specs Howard’s 12-month curriculum, you can transfer an additional three credit hours. This program is offered exclusively to students who have completed either the 8-month or 12-month curriculum at Specs Howard and is not open for general admission.
- LTU’s core curriculum provides an interactive engagement with writing, speaking, literature, history, philosophy, mathematics, science and the arts
- Through broad intellectual experience and analysis, you’ll practice the problem solving necessary for today’s world
- You’ll develop specialized communication skills through courses such as Writing for Electronic and Print Media, and Introduction to Rhetoric, as well as high level oral communication skills
- You will gain a thorough understanding of rhetorical and ethical considerations that play a key role in broadcasting and news presentations
- Graduate with the capabilities needed for a successful career in radio and TV
Your 60-credit-hour program consists of:
Students receive 24 credit hours (awarded as transfer credits) upon completion of an eight-month curriculum at the Specs Howard School of Media Arts. The following 36 credit hours must be taken at Lawrence Tech.
|Course Number||Subject||Cr. Hrs.|
|COM 1001||Pathways to Research Careers||1|
|COM 1103||English Composition||3|
|COM 2103||Technical and Prof. Communication||3|
|COM 2443||Introduction to Rhetoric/Logic||3|
|MCO 2543||Writing for Electronic/Print Media||3|
|MCO XXX3||Media Communication Elective||3|
|LLT 1213||World Masterpieces 1||3|
|LLT 1223||World Masterpieces 2||3|
|SSC 2413||Foundations of American Experience||3|
|SSC 2423||Development of American Experience||3|
|MCS 1254||Geometry in Art||4|
|Natural Science Lab||1|