Whether you are a high school graduate eager to enter the workforce, or an adult looking at a return to school, it’s good to consider the benefits of an education. Not only can a broader worldview equip you to face new and varied challenges, studies show college graduates earn higher wages, are more informed as consumers, enjoy better health and more!
If these life advantages sound appealing, the Associate of Science in General Studies from Lawrence Tech might be the degree program for you. Unlike other programs that focus on a specific area, this degree gives you the flexibility to explore personal and professional interests, while building the communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills desired by all employers.
Built around a core curriculum required of all undergraduates, the AS in General Studies is a 60-credit-hour program that features courses in:
- Literature and the arts
- History and philosophy
- Mathematics and science
Shared experiences through reading, directed discussions, group presentations and teamwork, as well as a blend of in-depth knowledge, broad understanding and analytical thinking are designed to:
- Give you the confidence to determine your life’s course
- Make meaningful contributions to the lives of others
- Achieve success in your chosen field
- Set you up for a seamless transition into a four-year program
Why LTU? You'll:
- Study with nationally recognized faculty
- Have opportunities to participate in all aspects of university life such as student and social activities, sports, job fairs, research, professional associations and more
- Work on interdisciplinary projects that hone your team-building and leadership skills
- Experience convenient schedules that include day, evening and online classes
- Have access to LTU’s well-connected career placement services
- Earn your degree in a productive, vital and economically diverse region that is one of the world’s great centers for entrepreneurship, technological achievement and innovation
Your 60-credit-hour program consists of the LTU Core Curriculum and additional coursework.
While enrolled in the general studies program, students preparing to enter Lawrence Tech's four-year degree programs will complete courses that fulfill the general education requirements common to all curricula. In most cases, students will also have the opportunity to complete foundational courses specific to their intended majors, provided that the applicable course prerequisites have been satisfied. Initial course selections will be determined on the basis of students' placement assessment results.
To be eligible to transfer into a four-year major, students must have achieved satisfactory performance in a minimum of 12 credit hours of coursework, including specific courses applicable to their programs of choice. Students must see their academic advisors for additional information on course prerequisites, appropriate choices for elective courses, transfer eligibility requirements, and further information specific to their degree programs.
Students participating in the Michigan Tuition Incentive Program (TIP) must complete the General Studies degree to be eligible for Phase II benefits.
For more information or to speak with an adviser, please contact the College of Arts and Sciences at 248.204.3500, or email email@example.com.