|Click and Give to Motorsports|
SAE Aero Design®
An international annual event sponsored by the SAE International (Society of Automotive Engineers)
Specifically directed toward college students interested in aeronautical engineering.
The competition is incorporated into the engineering curriculum as a year-long project (first-year through senior students).
Compete in the regular class against other teams from around the world.
Design, build, test, and fly a heavy-lift radio-controlled aircraft with a set of constraints:
- Airlift the most weight possible
- Aircraft weight limit of 55 lbs.
- No dimensional constraints
- Powered by a single electric motor with a 1,000 watt limiter
- No fiber-reinforced plastics can be used as construction materials
- The plane has to take off within 200 feet and land within 400 feet