Lawrence Technological University has a selective admissions process, the objective of which is to identify people who have the highest potential for advancement in their chosen field of study. While a student applicant’s academic record is a reliable measure for the prediction of academic success, the admissions decision is more complex than admitting students on the basis of a numerical formula. With this intent, Lawrence Tech considers, in addition to the applicant’s previous academic record, factors which demonstrate an aptitude for successful study.
Lawrence Tech will be test optional for all first-year students applying through Fall 2023 and Fall 2024.
LTU has a rolling admission policy. That means qualified applicants are accepted in the order that they apply. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible and you will get a response in an estimated two weeks.
To keep your options open for financial aid, you and your family are strongly encouraged to complete the FAFSA that opens October 1st of your senior year. It is the form that the federal government uses to award grants, scholarships and/or loans. Check the FAFSA website for deadlines. Use the code 002279 to have your completed FAFSA sent to Lawrence Tech.
What You Need to fill out the Application
It will make the process of filling out the online application easier if you have the following information readily available:
- The names and addresses of the high school(s) you have attended.
- The dates you attended the high school(s).
- The names and email addresses of the persons at the school(s) responsible for fulfilling transcript requests and the results of your AP and IB tests. If you have ACT and/or SAT scores you can have them sent for consideration as supplemental information as well. For Fall 2023 and Fall 2024, we will continue to be test optional.
- A credit card to pay the $50 registration fee.
These items need to be submitted in addition to your online application:
- Completed application
- High school diploma in progress
- Official high school transcripts
- Official ACT or SAT scores (optional for Fall 2023 and Fall 2024)
- 500 word essay - Sample topics include information about your career goals, why you are choosing a particular major, or why you are choosing to apply to Lawrence Tech (optional)
- Application fee of $50
Admission is based upon your academic recalculated GPA, which includes courses in the following subject areas:
- Foreign languages
- Social sciences
- Natural sciences
Please note that the recalculated GPA is weighted, so any Honors, Advanced, or AP/IB courses will also be taken into consideration.
While Lawrence Tech does not have a set list of required courses to apply to the University, there are courses that are recommended to aid in the transition to college. In particular, students who wish to study architecture, computer science, chemistry, engineering, mathematics, or physics are advised to complete the following high school course work:
- Algebra 1 and 2
- One semester of trigonometry
- One semester of pre-calculus or senior math
- Two semesters of chemistry
- Two semesters of physics
Remember, we are here to answer your questions. Give us a call. Send us an email or text.
We understand you are making big decisions and we are here to help you find the information you need. Email us. Text us. Call us. We are here for you.Contact Us