The University provides a student-centered comprehensive educational experience with technologically focused professional programs. The University’s undergraduate and graduate learning outcomes foster students’ intellectual development into knowledgeable professionals, critical thinkers, and ethical leaders. The University Assessment Committee has developed undergraduate and graduate learning outcomes assessed at both the University Level and the Program Level.
Undergraduate Learning Outcomes
Undergraduate University Level Outcomes encompass the following five learning outcomes of LTU's "general education" core curriculum program:
- Written Communication: LTU graduates will demonstrate professional standards in written communication by mastering the fundamentals of writing mechanics and integrating evidence and analysis within a coherent structure.
- Oral Communication: LTU graduates will demonstrate effectiveness in oral communication through development of content clearly and articulately.
- Critical Thinking in Humanities: LTU Graduates will demonstrate critical thinking skills in reading complex texts and analyzing arguments.
- Quantitative Reasoning: LTU graduates will demonstrate Quantitative Reasoning capabilities through applying mathematics and statistical methods to solves problems.
- Scientific Analysis: LTU graduates will demonstrate proficiency in principles of science and applying it to solve scientific problems.
Undergraduate Program Level Outcomes encompass the following five learning outcomes + any additional specific learning outcomes within each undergraduate program:
- Technology: LTU graduates will demonstrate the ability to apply advanced technologies to practical and theoretical problems in their disciplines.
- Ethics: LTU graduates will demonstrate an understanding of ethical issues related to their discipline through the ethical codes adopted by relevant professional associations, and the social consequences of their ethical decisions.
- Leadership: LTU graduates will demonstrate civic, team, and global leadership skills by identifying a personal leadership philosophy, exhibiting entrepreneurial skills, an becoming agents of positive change.
- Teamwork: LTU graduates will demonstrate team-building and collaboration skills by making decisions, building consensus, resolving conflicts, and evaluating team members contributions.
- Graphical Communication: LTU graduates will demonstrate a mastery of the graphical communication skills in presenting and reporting professional work.
Graduate Learning Outcomes
Graduate Learning Outcomes at Lawrence Technological University encompass the following overarching set of four graduate learning outcomes. Please refer to each graduate program for program-specific definitions and additional program-specific outcomes:
- Advanced Knowledge: Graduate students will analyze, evaluate, and/or develop advanced knowledge in specialized areas via research in their discipline.
- Ethics: Graduate students will evaluate ethical issues, standards, theories and professional practices relevant to leaders in their discipline.
- Communication: Graduate students will analyze, evaluate and create communication consistent with their discipline.
- Technology: Graduate students will analyze, evaluate and/or create technologies consistent with their discipline.
Download Undergraduate University Level Outcomes PDF