Join the LTU Scholars group on Abuzz !
The LTU Scholars Program is a diverse, inclusive, and close-knit community of students who support one another's academic and life goals.
Becoming an LTU Scholar offers several benefits, including academic and social support from the LTU Scholars staff and other LTU Scholars.
LTU Scholars meet on a regular basis to discuss a number of academic and professional topics, in addition to enjoying food, fellowship, and the occasional off-campus adventure. LTU Scholars also have access to AAC workshops and the ability to complete their study table hours right in the AAC!
LTU Scholars is open to new and continuing students of all majors and backgrounds and runs throughout the academic year. LTU Scholars has no minimum GPA or membership requirements and is, therefore, open to any LTU student looking for a diverse, supportive community.
Complete the short interest form below to get started today, or check out the LTU Scholars Calendar to see when we meet next!
- Participants must present their student ID to an AAC staff member when signing in for Study Tables, and it will be returned when they are ready to sign out. If participants sign out, they must wait a minimum of one hour before signing in again.
- Participants must study for the duration of time they are signed in. If participants arrive without proper study materials, they will not be allowed to sign in until they return with the proper materials.
- AAC Staff Members will monitor whether participants are studying or not, as well as participant behavior. If participants are not studying or are violating other policies, an AAC staff member will give one warning, prompting the participants to start studying. After this warning, if the improper behavior continues, the AAC staff member will sign out the participants.
- Participants may receive study hours for receiving tutoring at the AAC – these study hours only count for the duration of the tutoring session. Participants may also receive study hours for attending AAC academic skills workshops.
- Study hours are calculated Monday through Sunday. The LTU Scholars’ professional team will determine the consequences for students who do not meet their required study hours or do not follow the Study Table Conduct Policies.
LTU Scholars meet once a month for one hour during the academic year. These meetings are scheduled approximately one month in advance, and food is usually provided.
LTU Scholars meetings are typically split into two parts:
- Academic, professional, or skills-based content delivered by Scholars staff or other professional staff or faculty at LTU.
- Time to share and discuss any challenges or struggles one is experiencing and receive feedback from other Scholars and Scholars staff.
This format is designed to provide useful information to LTU Scholars while allowing LTU Scholars to relax and fellowship. Topics of past LTU Scholars meetings have included GPA calculation, time management, internships, co-ops, and undergraduate research opportunities, and preparing for finals.
Lawrence Technological University
Academic Achievement Center, C201
21000 W. Ten Mile Road
Southfield, MI 48075
This program is supported by the King-Chavez-Parks Initiative through the State of Michigan.