Lawrence Tech Center for Sustainability
The Center for Sustainability at Lawrence Technological University provides a unique network of interdisciplinary academic, research and professional programs that advances sustainable design and development and attracts partnerships from academic, professional, municipal and commercial entities.
Goal 1: Establish certificates, programs and minors in sustainability.
Goal 2: The Center and its members shall obtain funding for student assistantships, equipment and other resources to support sustainability research.
Goal 3: Establish sustainability based facility management programs on the campus.
- To provide undergraduate students and professionals with opportunities to learn about sustainability on multiple levels and in the process foster their critical thinking, communication, and team work skills.
- To prepare students for future intellectual growth as professionals and responsible citizens by helping them realize the global and societal impacts of their professional work and personal decisions.
- To undertake related meaningful research for faculty and students in a collaborative environment with professional, industrial, environmental and governmental organizations.
- To become a recognized leader and resource in sustainability research and knowledge.
- To establish a high quality resource that attracts partnerships with academic, professional, governmental, municipal, commercial, and private organizations to secure the long-term viability of the Center.
- To provide an environment that encourages the development and intellectual stimulation of its members and participants
- To provide an internal University working structure that aids in the coordination of curriculum reform initiatives on sustainability, advises the University community on sustainable issues, and deepens inter-departmental collaborations among faculty and students.
Joseph Veryser, AIA