Follow us on social media!
General Squad Information
The Lawrence Tech dance team is composed of eight to ten dancers who cheer and perform at all the men’s basketball home games.
The LTU dance team program is a student activity. As a student activity, its first and foremost responsibility to the student is to support and not to compromise the student's academic career. Secondly, the program should aid in developing the student participant into a responsible, mature and independent adult. Specifically, the program is a means of improving the student's mental and physical well-being.
The primary purpose of the dancer is to be a member of the team, which has as its goal the support of intercollegiate athletics and LTU. That support is directed into three major areas, as follows:
- Entertain crowds and to lead the chants; to raise the level of fan support for intercollegiate athletics; to lead in positive vocal support for the team; to solicit that support from Blue Devil fans and to project that support to the University and its teams
- To participate in the athletic activity known as dance by performing jumps, leaps, turns and dance movements; to perfect this athletic activity for keeping the crowd attention/direction focused on the field/floor where the intercollegiate activity is taking place, and for entertainment and competitive purposes; and
- To serve as public relations ambassadors of intercollegiate athletics and Lawrence Tech University; to uphold, reflect and project the goals and ideals of the University; to appear at University activities, functions and programs, at charitable and public causes (not commercial/business purposes) to promote intercollegiate athletics and the University.
Given that dance team member maintains academic and team standards and expectations, she will be eligible for an academic scholarship of $1000 ($500/semester.)
Requirements to Tryout (Current LTU Students):
- You must be enrolled at Lawrence Tech University for Semesters Fall 2015 and Spring 2016.
- Current cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Must maintain enrollment for the entire duration of the season (Fall and Spring).
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with University.
Requirements to Tryout (Incoming/Transfer LTU Students):
- You must have been accepted to Lawrence Tech University.
- You must be enrolled as a full/part time student by no later than August 10, 2015
- Once a student, all the above statements apply.
Example skills are, but not limited to:
- Toe touches
- Single and double pirouettes
- Grand Jete leaps
- Motion strength
- Crowd appeal
Waiver forms REQUIRED. Due by April 22.
Documents can be dropped off at the Office of Student Engagement during business hours or just before the dance clinics on April 18 and 19.
Not Just A Half Time Show
Dance Team Coach
Lauren Allen - firstname.lastname@example.org
Lauren B. Allen was born and raised in Metro Detroit and is a graduate of Marygrove College in Detroit, MI with a Bachelors of Fine Arts concentrating in Dance Performance. Lauren has been dancing for over 20 years, beginning her training at Encore Dance Academy under the teachings of Jennifer Rickard, Kristen Quesada, Nicole Hopkins, Tracy Pearson and Stephanie Kohnen. Lauren has studied Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Modern, Lyrical, Musical Theater, Pointe, Gymnastics, African, and Contemporary dance styles and has won many petite through teen dance competition titles. She has danced for both the Detroit Pistons Dance Team Automotion and the Detroit Tigers Energy Squad. During the summer of 2012 Lauren had the opportunity to travel to LA and train with top choreographers for 3 months.
Lauren has also been involved in the Miss America Organization for the past 8 years competing 6 of them. She has won many Awards throughout the Miss America Organization including-Miss Congeniality, Talent and Miss Lighthouse Coast 2013.