COMMITMENT TO ACHIEVE
To develop leaders through innovative and agile programs embracing theory and practice.
To be a preeminent private university producing leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit and global view.
Theory and Practice, Teamwork and Trust, Character and Integrity
The intellectual development and transformation of our students into critical thinkers, leaders, and lifelong learners.
Recognition of Excellence
- Top Tier U.S. News & World Report America's Bes t Colleges
- Princeton Review "Best in the Midwest"
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching recognition
- G.I. Jobs "Military Friendly School"
- State of Michigan Center of Excellence for Sustainable Infrastructure and Structural Testing
- Among Intel's "Top 50 Unwired Campuses"
- Michigan's first wireless laptop campus
The Lawrence Tech Advantage
- Leadership Program provides all undergrads workforce advantages at every level of their degrees, resulting in diploma-enhancing Leadership Portfolios
- Entrepreneurial education and internships
- Quest program provides unique learning opportunities outside the classroom
- Most students are employed within a month of graduating
- Certificate programs retool workers for emerging industries
- Private, fully accredited university with 4,500 students representing 25 states and 50 countries
- 102-acre full-service campus in Southfield
- Learning centers in southeastern and northern Michigan, Canada, China, Germany, India, Mexico, and Taiwan
- Largest architecture school in Michigan and among the top 10 nationally
- Over $50 million in new construction in past decade
- Nearly 30,000 alumni; approx. 90 percent remain in Michigan
- Nearly half of licensed Michigan architects are Lawrence Tech grads
- Nearly 100 associate, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs in Colleges of Architecture and Design, Arts and Sciences, Engineering, and Management
- Focus on "theory and practice"
- 12:1 student/faculty ratio
- Laptop or tablet computers provided to all undergrads
- Co-op, part-time work, internships, and student projects provide real-world experience and networking opportunities
- Day, evening, weekend, and online courses
The Future in the Making
- LEED Silver-certified A. Alfred Taubman Student Services Center is a "living laboratory" of green building technologies
- Center for Innovative Materials Research develops and tests composite materials for defense and infrastructure applications
- Student-designed and -built solar home serves as a regional educational center for green architecture and engineering
- Research partner of DTE Energy's hydrogen technology park, the first and largest of its kind in the world
- Center for storm-water management education
- Over 500 residential students in two housing centers
- More than 50 student organizations
- 10 fraternities and sororities
Commitment to Student Success
- Some 70 percent of students receive financial aid
- $35 million in financial aid awarded annually
Lawrence Tech Alumni: Proven Leadership
- Steven A. Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft
- John DeLorean, auto innovator and creator of the first muscle car-the GTO
- Edward Donley, former chairman of Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., and U.S. Chamber of Commerce president
- Ronald Knockeart, inventor, laser barcode scanner and keyless door locks on cars
- Amy Mioduszewski, National Radio Astronomy Observatory scientist who researches microquasars
- George Sierant, inventor, first successful rear-facing child safety seat
- A. Alfred Taubman, pioneer developer of shopping malls