news center

Lawrence Tech names new chairs in the College of Architecture and Design

Release Date: August 29, 2008

Southfield, Mich. - Dean Glen LeRoy has announced the appointment of new chairs for both departments in the College of Architecture and Design at Lawrence Technological University:

Associate Professor Daniel Faoro of Plymouth Township has been named interim chair of the Architecture Department. Faoro, who came to Lawrence Tech in 2000, is a licensed architect with an architecture degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago and a master's degree in urban design from Harvard University.

Vance Hanna of Bloomfield Hills has been named chair of the Department of Art and Design. He has taught at Lawrence Tech since 1998 and in 2007 became co-director of the college's new transportation design program. Hanna has a master's degree in product design from Stanford University and has worked in the automotive and allied manufacturing fields as a designer and consultant. 

Lawrence Tech's College of Architecture and Design is one of the largest architectural schools in the United States and offers five undergraduate and three graduate degrees in addition to certificate programs. Some 45 percent of Michigan's licensed architects are Lawrence Tech alumni.

Lawrence Technological University, ltu.edu, offers over 80 undergraduate, master's and doctoral degree programs in Colleges of Architecture and Design, Arts and Sciences, Engineering and Management. Founded in 1932, the 4,500-student, private university pioneered evening classes 75 years ago, and today has a growing number of weekend and online programs. Lawrence Tech's 102-acre campus is in Southfield, with education centers in Lansing, Livonia, Clinton Township, Traverse City and Petoskey. Lawrence Tech also offers programs with partner universities in Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.