By Ashley Rogoff
Spring Break is right around the corner, and I know a lot of students are itching to get midterms done and head down south where it’s much warmer than here! Unfortunately, for some of us, though, Spring Break is just a week off from school that will consist of dealing with our inconsistent Michigan weather. If you’re stuck here during break, check out these places to travel to that are much closer!
1. Ann Arbor – Ann Arbor has a great variety of places to check out. Downtown is known for its array of art festivals that go on. Don’t forget your taste buds. though, because there is always plenty to eat at any of the restaurants. Since it is a college town as well, the nightlife is always electric!
2. Henry Ford Museum - The Mustang is 50 this year! Take a trip through history to celebrate. There’s 300 years of American history at the museum with interactive exhibits. With this trip you can take a break from school and still learn!
3. Frankenmuth – If you like shopping and good food, this is the place for you! Zender’s and Bavarian Inn have some of the best chicken around. Then you can work off your meal by walking around the Birch Run shopping outlets. Don’t forget to stop at Bronner’s where it’s Christmas year-round!
4. Traverse City – Snow has turned Traverse City into a winter wonderland with some of the most breathtaking scenery Michigan has to offer. Enjoy your favorite winter outdoor activity and then retreat to some of the best restaurants in the state.
5. The Detroit Zoo – Did you know the zoo is open year-round? Well, it is! Take a ride on 10 Mile and see your favorite animals. They feature 125 acres of naturalistic exhibits and 1,300 mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, and invertebrates!