Nabil F. Grace Ph.D, PE
Papers in Conference Proceedings
1. Grace, N.F., "5-Years Monitoring of First CFRP Prestressed Concrete 3-Span Bridge in US," Structural Faults & Repair, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom, June 10 - 12, 2008 (Keynote Paper).
2. Grace, N.F., "Use of CFRP Strands in a Cable-Stayed Bridge in USA," 5th Middle East Symposium on Structural Composites for Infrastructure Applications, Hurghada, Egypt, May 23 - 25, 2008.
3. Grace, N.F., "Performance of the First Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer Bridge in the United States," 5th International Specialty Conference on Fiber Reinforced Materials, Singapore, August 28 - 29, 2008 (Keynote Paper).
4. Grace, N. F., and Grace, M., “Effect of Repeated Loading and Long term Humidity exposure on Flexural response of CFRP Strengthened Concrete Beams,” International Symposium on Bond of FRP in Structures, Hong Kong, December 2005.
5. Grace, N. F., Wael, R., and Abdel-Sayed, A., "Innovative Triaxailly Braided Ductile FRP Fabric for Strengthening Structures, 7th International Symposium on Fiber Reinforce Polymer for Reinforced Concrete Structures (FRPRCS-7), ACI, Kansas City, MO., November 2005.
6. Grace, N. F., and Grace, M., “Durability Evaluation of CFRP Strengthened RC Beams,” Third International Conference Composites in Construction, Lyon, France, July 2005.
7. Grace, N. F., “Monitoring and Response of CFRP Prestressed Concrete Bridge,” NSF Workshop on Sensing Issues in Civil Structural Health Monitoring, Honolulu, September 2004.
8. Grace, N. F., “Behavior of CFRP Prestressed Concrete Beam,” IABSE Symposium, Shanghai, China, September 2004.
9. Grace, N. F., Ragheb, W., and Abdel-Sayed, G., “Developing and Modeling of New Ductile FRP Systems for Strengthening Concrete Structures,” IASTED International Conference on Applied Simulation and Modeling,” Rhodes, Greece, June 2004.
10. Grace, N. F., and Abdel-Sayed, G., “Construction and Evaluation of Full-Scale CFRP Prestressed Concrete DT-Girder,” Proceeding of the Sixth International Symposium of FRP Reinforcement for Concrete Structures, Singapore, July 2003.
11. Grace, N. F., Ragheb, W., and Abdel-Sayed, G., “Development and Application of Innovative Triaxially Braided Ductile Fabric for Strengthening Concrete Beams,” National Science Foundation-International Workshop on Structural Composites, Cairo, Egypt, December 2003.
12. Grace, N. F., and Singh, S., “Unified Analysis and Design Approach for CFRP Prestressed Concrete Bridge Girders,” Proceedings of the 10th US-Japan Conference on Composite Materials, Stanford, CA, September 2002.
13. Grace, N. F., Tang, B., and Abdel-Sayed, G., “New Approach to Multi-Span CFRP Continuous Prestressed Bridges,” Proceedings, The International Conference on FRP Composites in Civil Engineering, Hong Kong, China 12-15 December 2001.
14. Grace, N.F., “Innovative use of FRP Materials in Construction,” Arab Conference for Building Materials and Economical Challenges, Cairo, Egypt, April 2000.
15. Grace, N. F., Abdel-Sayed, G., and Blackburn, N. “CFRP Prestressed Concrete Skew Bridges,” Bridge Engineering Conference, Sharm El-Sheikh, Sinai, Egypt, March 2000.
16. Grace, N. F., Soliman, Abdel-Sayed, G., and Saleh, K., “Strengthening of Continuous Beams using Fiber Reinforced Polymer Laminate,” 4th International Symposium on Fiber Reinforce Polymer for Reinforced Concrete Structures (FRPRCS-4), ACI, SP-188, Baltimore, Oct. 1999.
17. Salib, Abdel-Sayed, and Grace, “Crack Formation in Fiber Reinforced Polymer Concrete Beams,” 4th International Symposium on Fiber Reinforce Polymer for Reinforced Concrete Structures (FRPRCS-4), ACI, SP-188, Baltimore, Oct. 1999.
18. Grace, Savaty, and Thomas, “Post-Tensioning Strengthening of Bridge Piers Using Carbon Fiber Reinforced polymer Leadline Rods,” 4th International Symposium on Fiber Reinforced Polymer for Reinforced Concrete Structures (FRPRCS-4), ACI, SP-188, Baltimore, October 1999.
19. Grace, and Abdel-Sayed, “Use of CFRP/CFCC Strands in Prestressed Concrete Bridges,” Structural Faults & Repair, London, UK, July 1999.
20. Grace, and Abdel-Sayed, “Effect of Draped Angel on the Strength of CFRP Strands,” 2nd Middle East Symposium on Structural Composites for Infrastructure Applications, Hurghada, Egypt, April 1999.
221 Grace, and Abdel-Sayed, “Use of CFRP Composites with High Strength Concrete in Bridges,” First International Conference on High Strength Concrete, Engineering Foundation, Kona, Hawaii, July 1997.
22. Grace, and Abdel-Sayed, “Behavior of Externally/Internally Prestressed Concrete Composite Bridge System,” Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Non-Metallic (FRP) Reinforcement for Concrete Structures (FRPRCS-3), V. 2, Sapporo, Japan, October 1997.
23. Grace, and Abdel-Sayed, “Ductility of Prestressed Concrete Bridges Using Internal/External CFRP Strands,” Structures and Repair Conference, Edinburgh, Scotland, Aug. 1997.
24. Grace, and Abdel-Sayed, “Behavior of CFRP Bridge System,” Advanced Composite Materials in Bridges and Structures Conference (ACMBS), Montreal, Canada, Aug. 1996.
25. Grace, and Abdel-Sayed, “Feasibility of GFRP/CFRP Prestressed Concrete ‘Demonstration’ Bridge in the USA,” 4th National Workshop on Bridge Research in Progress, Buffalo, New York, June 1996.
26. Grace, and Abdel-Sayed, “Innovative Use of Advanced Composites in Double-T Highway Bridges,” 1st International Conference on Concrete Structures, Cairo, Egypt, Jan. 1996.
27. Grace, and Bagchi, “Use of Vibration Technique to Determine Equipment Dynamic Forces,” 6th Cairo University International Conference on Mechanical Design and Production (MDP-6), Jan. 1996.
28. Grace, “Exact Solution for Free Vibration Differential Equation of Two-Span Composite Bridges,” 2nd International Conference on Engineering Mathematics and Physics, Cairo, Egypt, Dec. 1994.
29. Grace, “Influence of Openings on the Dynamic and Fatigue Characteristics of Prestressed Concrete Girders,” 5th International Colloquium on Concrete in Developing Countries, Cairo, Egypt, Jan. 3-4, 1994.
30. Grace, “Prestressed Concrete Girders Subjected to Cyclic Loading,” 23rd Midwestern Mechanics Conference, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE, Oct. 10-13, 1993.
31. Grace, “Promotion of Research at Undergraduate Level,” Undergraduate Engineering Education IV, Santa Barbara, CA, July 1992.
32. Kennedy, Abdall, and Grace, “Influence of Openings on the Prestressed Concrete Girders,” CSCE-ESE, Canadian Society of Civil Engineers – Egyptian Society for Engineers Conference, Cairo, Egypt, April 1992.
33. Grace, “Free Vibration of Skew Orthotopic Plates,” 22nd Midwestern Mechanics Conference, University of Missouri, Rolla, MO Oct. 1991.
34. Grace, “Use of Microcomputer in Predicting Dynamic Characteristics of Prestressed Waffle Bridges,” 9th National Conference on Microcomputers in Civil Engineering, Orlando, FL, Oct. 1991.
35. Grace, Bagchi, and Kennedy, “Dynamic Characteristics of Advanced Fiber-Reinforced Composites versus Steel and Concrete for Vibration Control,” ASCE, Structures Specialty Conference, Las Vegas, NV, Feb. 1991.
36. Grace, Bagchi, and Kennedy, “Development of Vibration Design Criteria for Sensitive Buildings,” 61st Shock and Vibration Symposium, Pasadena, CA, Oct. 1990.
37. Grace, Bagchi, and Kennedy, “Fiber-Reinforced Composites versus Steel and Concrete in Industrial Buildings,” 6th Annual ASM/ESD Composites Conference/Exposition, Detroit, MI, Oct. 1990.
38. Grace, and Kennedy, “Strength of Stud Shear Connectors Subjected to Static and Fatigue Loadings,” 21st Midwestern Mechanics Conference, Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI, Aug. 1989.
39. Bagchi, Grace, and Kennedy, “Optimization of a Structure Subjected to Steady, Transient, and Random Vibration,” ASCE Structures Congress, San Francisco, CA, May 1989.
40. Bagchi, Grace, and Kennedy, “Nonlinear Deformation of Laminated Composites,” AIAA, ASME, ASCE, AHS, ASC, 30th Structural Dynamics and Material Conference, Mobil, AL, Apr. 1989.
41. Bagchi, Grace, and Kennedy, “Nonlinear Dynamic Response of Thick Shells,” ASCE Engineering Mechanics Division Specialty Conference, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA, May 1988.
42. Kennedy and Grace, “Recent Studies in Composite Bridges,” International Conference on Steel and Aluminum Structures, University College, Cardiff, Wales, Great Britain, July 1987.
43. Grace and Kennedy, “Free Vibration of Continuous Bridges of Composite Construction,” Canadian Society of Civil Engineers, Annual Conference, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, May 1986.
44. Grace and Kennedy, “Dynamic-Fatigue Response of Continuous Composite Bridges,” The Second US-Japan Joint Seminar on Composite and Mixed Construction, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, ASCE Proceedings, July 1984.